• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

It's because Comics Price Guide incorrectly lists the #1 (1st printing) as having a green logo - when this guy tried selling this book a couple of months ago, I messaged and told him that it wasn't a 1st print. He told me I had no idea what I was talking about doh!

I was going through my comics assembling stuff for my board sale (Lebowski's Longbox, check it out! lol ) and I came across this. Haven't seen it in a while as it was packed up ever since I moved 9 months ago, but it brings back a great memory.

I was fifteen years old, attending DragonCon in Atlanta in '96 (back when there was a huge emphasis on comics) and Jeff Smith was there. I honestly had only read a couple of issues of Bone, but really liked the series. I picked up the first trade and decided to wait in line to get it signed. The wait seemed to take forever and was further punctuated by the fact that the guy right in front of me spent ten minutes trying to get Jeff to look through his portfolio. When I finally stepped up, Jeff seemed really sorry that I had to wait so long. He was very nice and talkative and gave me this great little sketch on the inside of my TPB. In fact, it makes it my first piece of OA I've ever gotten from an artist!

Ahhh, nostalgia... :cloud9:

bone_tpb_sig_inset.jpg

I was going through my comics assembling stuff for my board sale (Lebowski's Longbox, check it out! lol ) and I came across this. Haven't seen it in a while as it was packed up ever since I moved 9 months ago, but it brings back a great memory.

I was fifteen years old, attending DragonCon in Atlanta in '96 (back when there was a huge emphasis on comics) and Jeff Smith was there. I honestly had only read a couple of issues of Bone, but really liked the series. I picked up the first trade and decided to wait in line to get it signed. The wait seemed to take forever and was further punctuated by the fact that the guy right in front of me spent ten minutes trying to get Jeff to look through his portfolio. When I finally stepped up, Jeff seemed really sorry that I had to wait so long. He was very nice and talkative and gave me this great little sketch on the inside of my TPB. In fact, it makes it my first piece of OA I've ever gotten from an artist!

Ahhh, nostalgia... :cloud9:

bone_tpb_sig_inset.jpg

thats wayyy cool :)

It's because Comics Price Guide incorrectly lists the #1 (1st printing) as having a green logo - when this guy tried selling this book a couple of months ago, I messaged and told him that it wasn't a 1st print. He told me I had no idea what I was talking about doh!

Fixed.

Thanks.

Earl.

Here's the last of my CGC examples for the first ten. I'll have a couple of #10s in my next submission so I'll soon have a complete set (they're both 9.4s, I think). #8 is in my top five for favorite covers. I would have loved to have seen the OA at that exhibit in Ohio.

bone08cgc960148221008-1.jpg

bone09cgc960148646007.jpg

Here's the last of my CGC examples for the first ten. I'll have a couple of #10s in my next submission so I'll soon have a complete set (they're both 9.4s, I think). #8 is in my top five for favorite covers. I would have loved to have seen the OA at that exhibit in Ohio.

bone08cgc960148221008-1.jpg

bone09cgc960148646007.jpg

Very nice :) I love the cover of #8 also :)

so with the 8.5Q going for $387 today on feebay, what should a slabbed 9.2 U go for?

I don't think the 8.5Q looks all that great and there's a qualified discount in that total of $387. I'd say an 8.5 U would hit closer to $450. A 9.2 U though? Based on what I've just written I'd go with eight to nine hundred. (shrug)