• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,463 posts in this topic

And a reminder about the Thorn Kickstarter…the new Stretch Goals are pretty sweet so we need to get to 3200 backers to clear them all (currently at 2400 something which unlocked one of them). Please back it if you got some spare cash!

On 11/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, Real Elijah Snow said:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=59383114

Does anyone have any info on this book? I've never seen one before, and I thought I had everything printed w Bone on it...Is there anything Bone related inside, or is it just the cover? 

I think I remember when the OA of the cover went up for sale but this is the first time I’ve seen the book. Thanks for sharing!

If you haven’t backed the Thorn Kickstarter yet, please do so. The campaign will end at 11:59am EST this Friday. It will be your last chance to get the hardcover edition as only the softcover will be available in stores. One of the Tales from the Lantern books was briefly up this morning so you never know if another will become available in these last few days (as the credit card charges loom). Get yours while you can (thumbsu

Edited by DocGo
Thought it was midnight instead of noon

With the Thorn Kickstarter still going on, there’s still a Thorn Tales from the Lantern that will be auctioned on Heritage tomorrow afternoon.

I have a number in mind but does anyone else want to venture a guess on the final bid? I never seem to get responses to questions like this but I thought I’d give it a shot lol 

On 11/15/2023 at 5:24 PM, DocGo said:

With the Thorn Kickstarter still going on, there’s still a Thorn Tales from the Lantern that will be auctioned on Heritage tomorrow afternoon.

I have a number in mind but does anyone else want to venture a guess on the final bid? I never seem to get responses to questions like this but I thought I’d give it a shot lol 

$7200

On 11/15/2023 at 5:24 PM, DocGo said:

gonna be optimistic and say 6K ... but who knows nowadays lol

The buyer definitely got a good deal at $4.8k with the juice.

Did any of you watch the auction? The auctioneer couldn’t figure out what she was looking at, since the first image of the book on Heritage is the signed page rather than the cover. She stumbled around for a few seconds then just focused on the bidding without giving much of an explanation.

Great for the buyer but not for the consignor. Oh well…

On 11/16/2023 at 3:21 PM, DocGo said:

The buyer definitely got a good deal at $4.8k with the juice.

Did any of you watch the auction? The auctioneer couldn’t figure out what she was looking at, since the first image of the book on Heritage is the signed page rather than the cover. She stumbled around for a few seconds then just focused on the bidding without giving much of an explanation.

Great for the buyer but not for the consignor. Oh well…

Not sure how I missed this but I definitely would have been in there bidding! Really bummed out :( on a side note glad I didn’t pull the trigger on a $10k copy via kickstarted.

I actually fell asleep during the Heritage auction and meant to be a bidder on that copy of Thorn Tales from the Lantern… seemed like a very good deal.  Maybe some of the potential bidders had already backed the Kickstarter weakening the bidder pool?   

91184424-567F-4BDF-946C-B07D864DFB16.png

Edited by fawcue

On 11/16/2023 at 8:33 PM, Aaroncash said:

Not sure how I missed this but I definitely would have been in there bidding! Really bummed out :( on a side note glad I didn’t pull the trigger on a $10k copy via kickstarted.

This auction was for a 6.5. What condition do you think the Kickstarter books will be? It can probably be said that the Thorn campaign took some bidders out of the action as well and the timing of the consignment was just unlucky.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:58 AM, DocGo said:

This auction was for a 6.5. What condition do you think the Kickstarter books will be? It can probably be said that the Thorn campaign took some bidders out of the action as well and the timing of the consignment was just unlucky.

Ah makes sense for the lower value then. I thought these were all ungraded as cgc won’t recognize them anymore. I would guess that the 5 on kickstarter are in decent condition but probably not mint.

Kickstarter pledges have been collected!…. I will have to update my bragging photo soon!  Nice to see that interview with Jeff Aaroncash!  I have never met the man but that news scared me!  I am excited yet apprehensive to see Bone make the big screen one day!  Oh would think it would be a no brainer for the studios… 

On 11/17/2023 at 11:14 AM, Aaroncash said:

Ah makes sense for the lower value then. I thought these were all ungraded as cgc won’t recognize them anymore. I would guess that the 5 on kickstarter are in decent condition but probably not mint.

You are correct that they’re ungraded. The “6.5” was assigned by Heritage which seemed to be accurate to me.

On 11/17/2023 at 11:27 AM, Savvy Collector said:

Kickstarter pledges have been collected!…. I will have to update my bragging photo soon!  Nice to see that interview with Jeff Aaroncash!  I have never met the man but that news scared me!  I am excited yet apprehensive to see Bone make the big screen one day!  Oh would think it would be a no brainer for the studios… 

Are you one of the five? Congrats if you are!

On 11/17/2023 at 11:06 AM, Savvy Collector said:

In regards to condition of the Thorn books, I have talked to a couple of people - not sure of their connections but one said 8.0 and up, but the other said they’re from an unopened box so hopefully nm(which seems to be what the Bone #1s from a previous Kickstarter were).

Tell these people to join the thread. I wanna hear more lol