• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 7:44 PM, C. Spaulding said:

It’s a fake listing with a hijacked account. I’ve been seeing it happen for about a year now. Every couple of weeks about 20-50 major books are listed and the description is always the same.

I really want to bid on the restored More Fun first Dr Fate....  this has been going on for some time.

Feebay just seems to get worse and worse.  All of my saved searches have glitched again.  I need to re-create all of them.  My "favorite" being my "Golden Age Romance" search that results with 90's Punisher comics.:roflmao::flamed:

On 8/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, Yorick said:

I really want to bid on the restored More Fun first Dr Fate....  this has been going on for some time.

Feebay just seems to get worse and worse.  All of my saved searches have glitched again.  I need to re-create all of them.  My "favorite" being my "Golden Age Romance" search that results with 90's Punisher comics.:roflmao::flamed:

Just because he’s The Punisher doesn’t mean he can’t have a love life.  Even if it’s with Golden aged girls during the 90’s.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:45 PM, comicnoir said:

So is ebay going to take it down?

Those hijacked scam account have been popping up for years, always with the same off-eBay text. One of the (many) dead giveaways is that their listings all have completely different looking pics/scans with different backgrounds and settings that they ripped from other internet sources. I used to report the listings, but they are like a hydra...

Edited by october

On 8/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, Yorick said:

I thought that was a "World Distributors" book.  ???  Can we make up the whole run, Baker Fans?

TheTexan4WorldDistributorsLimited.thumb.jpg.882574ec69edd88d8d1fc0c33de2ad48.jpg

No idea. I do recall the indicia saying Pembertons.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:08 AM, Robot Man said:

Isn’t this the last known Baker romance cover?

Yep. It was apparently originally meant to be the cover for WTR 17 but was rejected. But, then, Baker was supposedly the art director at St John ... so he rejected his own cover? ???

On 7/29/2023 at 9:26 PM, Changer said:

No, looks someone dropped some really nice ones out there this week, couple sold. others out there but none cheap

Nice group of books. I think you nabbed the best of the lot. 

Any winners in tonight's HA Baker auction? As usual, I forgot about it (can't get used to these Thursday night auctions) and missed everything I was tracking. Ah well.

Here's a notable sale: Cinderella Love #29 CBCS 5.0 @ $7800. :wavingwhiteflag: