• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,583 posts in this topic

Agree, doesn’t look Baker to me. More like trying to ape his style. Definitely not Baker inks look at the guy holding gun bad inking. Female face also doesn’t look Baker. This is 1948! Baker joined St John late 1948. 

Baker rarely ink, but when he did it’s was a very smooth hand, not heavy inks. Really early was inking Alex Blum pencils. 
Also ink several Flamingo strips. 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:53 AM, MB1952 said:

This book has benefit from Baker prices jump. What will be the impact going forward knowing is not Baker cover at all. 
will it take a value hit? :Rocket:

I doubt it will take much of a value hit, it's still a striking image with a difficult black cover.

It may stay steady for a long time, though; not increasing or dropping.

On 2/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, OtherEric said:

I doubt it will take much of a value hit, it's still a striking image with a difficult black cover.

+1

On 2/18/2023 at 7:18 AM, BakerFanOne said:

Honestly this looks like partial Baker at best.  The woman is very stiff and reminds me more of a Kamen pose,  Maybe it is the inking, but curious if others question whether this is Baker?  Still, it is a beautiful copy!

I don't just "question" if it's Baker, I refute it!

On 2/18/2023 at 5:24 PM, MBFan said:

I don't just "question" if it's Baker, I refute it!

+1. But the funny thing is that we've had this debate enough that it's grown on me. Now I kinda want one!  

On 2/24/2023 at 5:48 PM, Point Five said:

Well, chalk up one more member for the Diary Secrets #17 club. :) I don't usually go big on Baker books, but this one was so pretty I had to take the plunge. Nice date stamp too!

diarysecrets17.thumb.jpg.9d138d3ecb3f65ce4e631667a71dc0cd.jpg

I was eyeing that many moons, but couldnt pull the upgrade trigger, great book 

On 2/24/2023 at 5:48 PM, Point Five said:

Well, chalk up one more member for the Diary Secrets #17 club. :) I don't usually go big on Baker books, but this one was so pretty I had to take the plunge. Nice date stamp too!

If Karen could do what exactly? Go swimming? Pose for Girly magazines? I am dying to know!  HaHa.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:48 PM, Point Five said:

Congrats, been looking at that for long time, well worth it Jon. Beautiful copy of an amazing book. Point 5 no more.

Thanks guys! LOL, should have known you all were familiar with this copy. I dithered about it quite awhile too, but once that 4.0 sold for $1200 I decided to bite the bullet. Definitely the nicest Baker I own.