• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,400 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2024 at 12:48 AM, Changer said:

I finally got this graded, didnt press, maybe spine roll out would bump but didnt want to roll the dice. At least it presents ok 

Scan_20240515 (4).jpg

Man she's beautiful.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:45 AM, LadyDeath said:

I'm prepared to risk it all.

....for CL 26 at least, personal Baker grail of mine. 25 could command 20 grand I bet.

Capture.JPG

:o

Is that the highest graded 25 that's ever gone to public auction??  I'll have to check out the high resolution zoom photos on their site.  Strong or weak 7.5?  hm

On 5/16/2024 at 11:54 AM, Yorick said:

:o

Is that the highest graded 25 that's ever gone to public auction??  I'll have to check out the high resolution zoom photos on their site.  Strong or weak 7.5?  hm

I believe so. For a second I thought it was @comicnoir's 7.5 copy.

Description: 

Matt Baker's iconic cover looks better than ever in this stunning book, complete with vibrant color, impeccable centering, and no wear visible in the central image area. This high-grade beauty is among the top four CGC-certified copies, only outranked by a sole CGC 8.0. Many fans consider this Baker's best cover, and it's easy to see why; amidst multiple scenes of celebrating and a gorgeous central profile, readers can see a variety of men and women all realized in Baker's iconic style.
Not only is this book beautiful, it is also incredibly rare. We've only encountered three copies previously, with the highest among them a CGC 4.5, which sold for $17,400 in January 2022. As well, GPAnalysis does not list any sales of this book above CGC 6.0 (across both Universal and Restored copies), with their sole record of a CGC 6.0 sale back in 2013.

On 5/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, Changer said:

CL 25 my guess is north of 40K , I have been offerred $25k for my 5.5

Woof. I only said that because a 4.5 sold for around $17K. But yeah, probably will be more than 20.

On 5/16/2024 at 1:11 PM, LadyDeath said:
On 5/16/2024 at 12:33 PM, Changer said:

CL 25 my guess is north of 40K , I have been offerred $25k for my 5.5

Woof. I only said that because a 4.5 sold for around $17K. But yeah, probably will be more than 20.

Yes, way more than $20k in my opinion...though I may have a vested interest (the 7.5 is not my copy).

On 5/16/2024 at 2:40 PM, manetteska said:

Yes, way more than $20k in my opinion...though I may have a vested interest (the 7.5 is not my copy).

Unreal prices.  Never thought I would see Matt Baker books go for so much. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy with my All-Tops and Phantom Lady book’s going up, but wish I knew digging through all the boxes at conventions over the years! 

I was offered 17K for my 4.0 25, then was asked what my number be for me to part with it, I told him I'm not gonna even think about selling it for less than 50K, he said he'll keep looking elsewhere.  

I can see the 7.5 hitting close to 75K+ maybe even 100k,  where are you gonna find another one that high?  Which is what will drive the price.  

On 5/19/2024 at 11:15 PM, Kevin76 said:

I was offered 17K for my 4.0 25, then was asked what my number be for me to part with it, I told him I'm not gonna even think about selling it for less than 50K, he said he'll keep looking elsewhere.  

I can see the 7.5 hitting close to 75K+ maybe even 100k,  where are you gonna find another one that high?  Which is what will drive the price.  

May we see it? :foryou:

On 5/20/2024 at 11:39 AM, Changer said:

mm, huh maybe press/regrade now to "save" money before the prices (and associated fees with it) go up, lol 

CL25.jpg

Nice looking 5.5.

I am very tempted to send in my raw copy but extremely wary somewhere along the way (shipping, pressing, CGC, etc) it will get muffed up.

On 5/20/2024 at 11:38 AM, manetteska said:

Nice looking 5.5.

I am very tempted to send in my raw copy but extremely wary somewhere along the way (shipping, pressing, CGC, etc) it will get muffed up.

yup, have that issue with a reholder now. :(  I would probably do a florida trip to watch them lol