• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

either way, pretty nice copy though!

Quality :cloud9:

Agreed. Quality put out quality comics.

TrueWarRomance2.jpg

Thanks, it's a Salida. It doesn't really belong in a Baker thread but I couldn't resist posting it.

I might have posted it before but this one does look like Baker was involved.

ExoticRomance31.jpg

I might have posted it before but this one does look like Baker was involved.

ExoticRomance31.jpg

The Exotic Romances is credited to Baker. As is this Heart Throbs. His contribution to Quality at the end of his career is not so obvious, and not his best work obviously. For a few romance titles, like Heart Throbs, he penciled the last issues as they called it a day, just before he went out into that good night.

HeartThrobs46fc100_zpsbe479353.jpg

Edited by Dr. Love

Andy,

A very astute collector was "kind" enough to expunge my collection of the comic you are referring to (TADS #6) some time ago. I still have this one though:

SH_119_zps872b1526.jpg

I very purty GLS#5 btw, the fact that its the CDN version is even more intriguing.

George

I don't think there was any Baker involvement in this cover.

Our man, or no? hm

FRONT_zps5810d693.jpg

None whatsoever.

You are probably right, but I think we agree this one is his (the next issue).

LoveCon54_zps73b77159.jpeg

I don't think there was any Baker involvement in this cover.

Our man, or no? hm

FRONT_zps5810d693.jpg

None whatsoever.

You are probably right, but I think we agree this one is his (the next issue).

LoveCon54_zps73b77159.jpeg

I would 100% agree that the 53 has no Baker. The 54 looks like Baker did a lot of the cover. Some of the people look like Baker pencils with someone else inking many of the faces. So maybe not all Baker but mostly Baker IMHO.

Andy,

A very astute collector was "kind" enough to expunge my collection of the comic you are referring to (TADS #6) some time ago. I still have this one though:

SH_119_zps872b1526.jpg

I very purty GLS#5 btw, the fact that its the CDN version is even more intriguing.

George

talk about purty (worship)(worship)(worship)

This ended last night. Even RM's are commanding $$$. Went to my CC bids and saw a cgc 6.0 went for $36.00 a few years back. Those were the days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310886764215&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:CA:3160

$335. for this issue, even in this grade, seems a tad high to me. While we love this cover just for being a Baker, it ain't no Cinderella Love 25, and I've seen this reflected in actual sales of this issue, like the one cited by comicnoir. (In that case, however, the book was also competing for attention with about two dozen other CGC'd Bakers, all ending the same night.)