• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,614 posts in this topic

I'm so glad to hear such praise for this cover. It's always been one of my faves, but I've always felt it never seems to get the love it deserves. It certainly never sells for as much as many of Baker's other books, either.

I didn't even know about this book. I thought my Cinderella Love #15 CGC 9.0 was the only Circle 8 Baker...

I didn't even know about this book. I thought my Cinderella Love #15 CGC 9.0 was the only Circle 8 Baker...

Was it graded back when CGC still put that pedigree on the label?

Was it graded back when CGC still put that pedigree on the label?

Yes, "Circle 8" is on the label. Why?

The circle 8 collection was not an OO group...it was a warehouse find. I just got the story from one of the guys who bought it in the early 90s. It was thousands of remaindered comics that never went to the dump or got clipped. They were sold for 8 cents each in a used magazine shop in Tucson (hence the Circle 8 on many books). The owner's of the store had storage units full of them...and a barn full that burned down before they could be sold. It's probably a good thing the barn burned, otherwise we might have too many high grade AF 15s out there... hm

Edited by tricolorbrian

The circle 8 collection was not an OO group...it was a warehouse find. I just got the story from one of the guys who bought it in the early 90s. It was thousands of remaindered comics that never went to the dump or got clipped. They were sold for 8 cents each in a used magazine shop in Tucson (hence the Circle 8 on many books). The owner's of the store had storage units full of them...and a barn full that burned down before they could be sold. It's probably a good thing the barn burned, otherwise we might have too many high grade AF 15s out there... hm

Same thing with Mile High II. At one time, it was a recognized pedigree, but it no longer is. I believe if you send in books with a defrocked pedigree on the label, they remove the pedigree notation even if all you want is a reholder.

Interesting. I did not know that.

Yeah, the Cookeville books...

I don't think they were ever a pedigree, were they?

I mean pedigrees that at one time were recognized by CGC and appeared on labels, but that no longer do.

Yeah, the Cookeville books...

I don't think they were ever a pedigree, were they?

I mean pedigrees that at one time were recognized by CGC and appeared on labels, but that no longer do.

...no. Probably due to the wide variation in grades. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... however, one of my top 5 comic regrets was selling my Cookeville Detective 71....... snagged it off eBay for a little over 300 bucks (CGC 4.5) .....I think it later became a 6.5...... it was beautiful for a 4.5....