• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,336 posts in this topic

Something recent

pictorial%20romances%2018.jpg

Man, I completely love the dame on this cover. It's books like this that make me so tempted to chase Baker books. Maybe if I hit the powerball tonight....

Excellent looking copy! I can understand why the top may not be shown, but what's the grade?

I know! I know! It's 7.0 OW/W

Wise guy!

I can also tell you how much he paid for it... his credit card numbers... eBay and Paypal passwords... any personal information you want.

:gossip: ...but it'll cost you.

How much?

Maybe you're willing to make me an offer to not reveal your info?

You mean... BLACKMAIL? That's okay. Talk away.

Edited by comicnoir

I've always wrestled with the idea that Romantic Marriage 23 and 24 should belong with the Cinderella Love run, because CL 25's indicia says, "Formerly Romantic Marriage". The book had a title change, but technically, RM and CL are part of the same numerical run.

rommystery.jpg

This cover illustrates what a solid draftsman Baker was. Those staircases with their different vanishing points, plus the doorway and such, give a real feel of solid structure. Then placing the figures on those steps and getting their weight right, so there is no sense of falling or mistaken foreshortening. The railings are perfect. Even the style of the interior is consistent. Nothing is wrong with this drawing.

In this case, I agree. There are many Baker covers where I'd like to grab him by his $200 suit lapels and say what were you thinking man? I chalk it up to having a whole lot of drawing heaped on his plate by St. John. This cover is perfection. And, even better than getting every perspective and detail right, the characters are wonderful too. The male is so well done, as compared to more than half the time, ill formed and brutish.