• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:
16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

If I'm remembering it correctly, I was afraid that it might even go to light tan on a CGC regrade.  Otherwise it was a nice looking copy of a tough book. 

true that, I was nervous about a CPR myself.  Kept going back and forth, I've had pretty good luck with PGX cracks, but something told me not to spin the dice on that book.  Though I was sorely tempted.  That's quite the memory for books you've got there, sparky.

Ha!

I've had bad luck with PGX books -- CR-OW that have come back Brittle and other horror stories.  Otherwise, I would have bought that one from you.

If Mike truly did pick this up, I know he must be stoked. The Baker crown jewel..... if any of you haven't checked out his Journal, it's one of the best on the boards.... well worth your time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

21 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

If Mike truly did pick this up, I know he must be stoked. The Baker crown jewel..... if any of you haven't checked out his Journal, it's one of the best on the boards.... well worth your time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

The bidders code is the same as the one he won that TAT 6 with...so I assume it was him...but you know what they say about assumption...hm

6 hours ago, n2wdw said:

My list also includes the non-romance comics.  As you can imagine, they are much easier to get for the most part.  Also, here is Romantic Secrets 19 -- I think I mistakenly said #4 in my original post.

Romantic Secrets 19 $4.jpg

That doesn't look like Baker to me.  It does look like Colletta though.

A very strong purchase at this grade level, but still in keeping with the 1.8 price set in 2013.  Importantly,  there were three bidders (two boardies) at the $2000+ level, and another close behind sub $2000.  Ebay is great in that we get useful data that enables us to gauge market participation, which in this case was healthy.

Congrats to one of our own!  You might ask the seller to spend more than just $4 shipping this honey to you!

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

A very strong purchase at this grade level, but still in keeping with the 1.8 price set in 2013.  Importantly,  there were three bidders (two boardies) at the $2000+ level, and another close behind sub $2000.  Ebay is great in that we get useful data that enables us to gauge market participation, which in this case was healthy.

Congrats to one of our own!  You might ask the seller to spend more than just $4 shipping this honey to you!

I was 3rd highest. I wanted the book but around $2050 was my stopping point on the copy. Congrats to the buyer (worship)

I am sitting here trying to take solace in some of my other Bakers.:x

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

13 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

So, TAT 4 is a scarce book?  I was not aware of that.  I just looked at mine today.  got it from tomorrow's Treasure in 1995 for $20...

16573337441_e54dd79cdd_c.jpg

Here's my copy.

T2eC16NyEE9s5jEbLzBRMeVWj1w60_57_zpsf0b3

7 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Must be a rare book... lol let's count them...me, you, some dude who won it on ebay, 2 on ebay now...Who else owns a copy of this rare book?

I am "some dude"!  I didn't think it was that rare, but I didn't have a copy...

7 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

I don't see this one posted much.  Is it rare too?  got mine from Joe Naaca in the 90s for $15.

16573443321_b799cf7d96_c.jpg

I think this one is tougher to find than the TAT4.