• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

JETPICTURES

USUALLY, THE BLUES ARE FADED WHEN EVER YOU CAN FIND THIS ISSUE ( #14 ).

You've got a great collection. I've been on the look out for this issue but I haven't found quite the one I want to buy. I'd like it to be in decent shape and the one's I've seen have been pretty low grade. Do you collect his illustration work as well?

JETPICTURES

USUALLY, THE BLUES ARE FADED WHEN EVER YOU CAN FIND THIS ISSUE ( #14 ).

Are you sure it wasn't printed that way? The reds should fade long before the blues do, and the red dress looks brighter than the muted blue background.

Great collection, btw. Thanks for sharing with us.

204960609_o.jpg

Great display!

What is this issue? Does the indicia title match the cover title?

I can't match it up with any cover at GCD. The hand-written note says #5, but there's a [nn] issue in that spot for Teen-Age Diary Secrets

. Maybe that one is an error.

Thanks,

Jack

Is that the other Blue Ribbon issue?

Duh.

Can you explain?

Do you mean the cover here or the one as [nn] at GCD?

I don't see any Blue Ribbon (publisher?) series at GCD. Link? Is this a case where the indicia title doesn't match the cover?

Sorry, but I'm working without an Overstreet or Gerber at hand in my convalescence or I'd figure it out myself.

Jack

204960609_o.jpg

Great display!

I can't match it up with any cover at GCD. The hand-written note says #5, but there's a [nn] issue in that spot for Teen-Age Diary Secrets

Thanks,

Jack

Duh.

Can you explain?

I don't see any Blue Ribbon (publisher?) series at GCD. Link? Is this a case where the indicia title doesn't match the cover?

Sorry, but I'm working without an Overstreet or Gerber at hand in my convalescence or I'd figure it out myself.

Jack

The issue above is Blue Ribbon 5 and the issue below is Blue Ribbon 4. The inside indicia title does not match the cover. It is already fixed in the GCD listing.

1633097574_9808aca507.jpg

Duh.

Can you explain?

The issue above is Blue Ribbon 5 and the issue below is Blue Ribbon 4. The inside indicia title does not match the cover. It is already fixed in the GCD listing.

Got it.

It makes perfect sense now -- who wouldn't expect those two issues to be part of a "series" smack between Heckle & Jeckle and Dinky Duck? :insane:

Thanks,

Jack

Edited by selegue

Duh.

Can you explain?

Got it.

It makes perfect sense now -- who wouldn't expect those two issues to be part of a "series" smack between Heckle & Jeckle and Dinky Duck? :insane:

Thanks,

Jack

OK, Jack! Now back to the lab...or maybe a coffee break.

4080253483_27112fc8f9.jpg

Got it.

Thanks,

Jack

I HATE it when that happens.

Jack

Got it.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack

Me too! I was chased out of the lab by circumstances (Fate) beyond my control!

3837097505_99c2a1836d.jpg

Got it.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack

Me too! I was chased out of the lab by circumstances (Fate) beyond my control!

3837097505_99c2a1836d.jpg

Just another bad day in the lab...

toonB.jpg

A LOT OF MY SCANS HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM PREVIOUS PAGES.

I MAY REPOST A FEW. I SEEM TO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS SORTED OUT.

If you do repost them what you need to do is copy the "IMG code" from photobucket and wrap it in the image UBB code (third icon on the post code graphical toolbar)

It looks like you have been copying the "HTML code" from photobucket and wrapping that in the image UBB code which is causing all that unnecessary code befor and after each of you images.

Keep posting those rarely seen books (thumbs u

JETPICTURES

GREAT STUFF GUYS!

THOUGHT I WOULD POST BLUE RIBBON # 2

A LOT OF MY SCANS HAVE BEEN DELETED FROM PREVIOUS PAGES.

I MAY REPOST A FEW. I SEEM TO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS SORTED OUT.

Blue Ribbon #2 is the first issue of the series that would eventually become Diary Secrets. It's the first comic to bear that title. Blue Ribbon #4 (titled Teen-Age Diary Secrets) is DS #2, and Blue Ribbon #5 (also titled TADS) is DS #3.

Then, the series officially titled Teen-Age Diary Secrets begins, correctly numbered #4. The following issue has no number, and no indicia, but is TADS #5. The numbering is picked up again with #6, and the series runs through issue #9. (#7 and #9 are digest sized issues, with identical contents, but different covers.)

Finally, the series officially titled Diary Secrets begins with issue #10, and runs through #30. With the exception of issues 21, 22, and 23, all of the stories in Diary Secrets #10 through #30 were reprinted from other St. John titles, and from earlier Ziff-Davis romance titles. Only the covers were new.

204960609_o.jpg

Great display!

Thanks,

Jack

Duh.

Can you explain?

Jack

Hey, I will have to look back at the books, but I remember when I got the books that the Overstreet is wrong on the numbering on some of the issues. I will take a look and try to figure it out again.

204960609_o.jpg

Great display!

Thanks,

Jack

Duh.

Can you explain?

Jack

Hey, I will have to look back at the books, but I remember when I got the books that the Overstreet is wrong on the numbering on some of the issues. I will take a look and try to figure it out again.

No need --- the explanation from 29dukedog and others is right.

Thanks,

Jack

CINDERELLA LOVE 25

THIS ONE, I THINK, IS LITERALLY THE HOLY GRAIL OF MATT BAKER ROMANCE COMICS. IT IS NUMERO UNO AS MY FAVORITE COVER. WHAT ARE SOME OF EVERYONE ELSE'S FAVORITE COVER?

During the many years I spent searching for my first copy of Cinderella Love 25, I also referred to it as the "Holy Grail". This is also my absolute favorite Baker cover. In 2003, I finally scored a nice Fine copy on eBay.

Then, about a year ago, a local comic dealer friend of mine turned up an amazing original owner collection of oddball, esoteric Golden Age comics. And fortunately, I was one of the first customers to see it and pick out books I wanted. There was an impressive selection of St. John romance comics, including the nicest copy of Cinderella Love 25 I've ever seen.

This scan is quite large, but I'll try posting it. In case it needs editing, I'll also provide a link to the image:

Cinderella Love 25

cl25Ja.jpg

CINDERELLA LOVE 25

THIS ONE, I THINK, IS LITERALLY THE HOLY GRAIL OF MATT BAKER ROMANCE COMICS. IT IS NUMERO UNO AS MY FAVORITE COVER. WHAT ARE SOME OF EVERYONE ELSE'S FAVORITE COVER?

During the many years I spent searching for my first copy of Cinderella Love 25, I also referred to it as the "Holy Grail". This is also my absolute favorite Baker cover. In 2003, I finally scored a nice Fine copy on eBay.

Then, about a year ago, a local comic dealer friend of mine turned up an amazing original owner collection of oddball, esoteric Golden Age comics. And fortunately, I was one of the first customers to see it and pick out books I wanted. There was an impressive selection of St. John romance comics, including the nicest copy of Cinderella Love 25 I've ever seen.

This scan is quite large, but I'll try posting it. In case it needs editing, I'll also provide a link to the image:

Cinderella Love 25

cl25Ja.jpg

You need a recreation to go along with the comic. Scan isn't too large. Low resolution and large size still makes a small file.

2965391438_4854f14326_b.jpg

CINDERELLA LOVE 25

Cinderella Love 25

cl25Ja.jpg

I wish there was some of the original art to these great covers. They probably all got lost when Michael St. John had a flood in his basement.