• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,389 posts in this topic

In high grade,....a couple of really nice Bakers have shown up on C.Link...but man-o-man they are expensive. I'd love to have them if money were no object. Any of you the owners of these books?

Cinderella Love

Teen Age Romances

Those aren't my copies but I used to have two copies of that Cinderella Love. I hope that isn't a restored copy of the one I sold for $15. :insane:

bb

I'd love to hear other "lasts" in Bakers...here is what I know

Last St. John, Baker romance cover..

"Secrets of True Love"

img244.jpg

Last non-reprint(original) Baker romance story St. John (thanks Dukedog for the info)

Cinderella Love 14

Last Baker romance (pencils) (contribution includes Colletta). Interesting how long after his death Colletta had this. It would have been published in 1962. This was never published:

First Love Illustrated 90

If we look at "last published", I think I would have been First Love Illustrated 89. These are not his best works by any means since they were not inked and penciled by him. I'm not sure what the last issue "inked and penciled" by Baker would be...I'll have to look into this. It's difficult to know outside of St. John.

Anyone have any other "lasts" to add?

Frazetta did more romance than I realized a few years ago. Here are a few more splashes that are out there on the internet. From Personal Love 25-27

3934445415_e06d8db1dd_b.jpg

3934445353_fa5234312c_b.jpg

3934445241_cd4a41af06_b.jpg

And an extra page that was posted previously. I think the color improved in later issues. I touched up errors by the printer in the first three. From Personal Love 32

2614674014_5f2ce8cc8d_b.jpg

*Bump!*

Recent purchases from my LCS. He apparently picked up a nice collection of Baker stuff.

teen-ageromance19.jpg

pictoralromances15.jpg

pictoralromances10.jpg

Wow, you lucked out getting things from your LCS. Mine wants nothing to do with romance comics.

I finally got two pages of Baker original art....and can I say I'm blown away...to say it mildly. This is my first original art purchase and looking at all the details and to know that Baker personally did the inking on these.... It really is a different experience seeing this in person vs. looking at it in a photograph. I'm so amazed by all the details and the minute inking.....

rangers1.jpg

rangers2.jpg

:applause: She's on a roll. First the batch of St John's, now these pages :o

It makes you cry once you compare the printed page in a comic to the original art detail. So much is lost in the printing and so much is lost to some of the bad coloring choices made.

Great pages! Is that Jack getting clubbed in his lab on the second tier right panel? hm

:applause: She's on a roll. First the batch of St John's, now these pages :o

It makes you cry once you compare the printed page in a comic to the original art detail. So much is lost in the printing and so much is lost to some of the bad coloring choices made.

Great pages! Is that Jack getting clubbed in his lab on the second tier right panel? hm

Not enough fuzzy gray hair.

OLD TIMER!?!?!?!?!?! :sumo:

Jack