• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,399 posts in this topic

Finally...after searching for over a year and a half...I have a copy :) Some of these romance comics are so difficult to find. I know there are some collectors out there who have been trying to put together some of these runs for many many years.

This was tops on my list and it's nice to finally get it. :) It's got a really cool Baker story in the interior.

TEENAGEROM22-1.jpg

I think I have a copy of that one but I never searched for Romance comics. I just took whatever I could find that looked like a Baker cover. I sold several before I started collecting seriously. I think the later Teenage Romance comics are suprisingly difficult to find. I had never seen most of those issues before your posting on this thread. The giant size issues always temp me but the price is a little high.

bb

2568424167_ca785569c5_b.jpg

I had to go back into the romance box and see if I really had a copy. Yep, it was there. I think I like 3, 10 and 14 a little more but still looking for those later issues.

1625497679_0a53b44057.jpg2584920443_7284df4dd4.jpg2569249038_032d7e8f8f.jpg

A friend of mine pointed out the uncanny likeness of the model on Pictorial Romances #2. She looks like many of the faces that turn up in Baker's artwork.

Here's a graphic I made that shows the comparison. (Note how the left eyebrow hooks around.) I think I'm on to something here. What do you think?

matt-bakers-model.jpg

Interesting observation. I for sure see the similarities. The eyebrows do have the same characteristics. I know for a fact that Baker looked to photo images for his source work. So, maybe he looked to this cover. The only thing that is a bit different is the shape of the eye lids.

I posted this one a while back in the thread... to me Baker used this My Life for source material on the GCE15.

GCE15a.jpg

mylife.jpg

Interesting observation. I for sure see the similarities. The eyebrows do have the same characteristics.

I know for a fact that Baker looked to photo images for his source work. So, maybe he looked to this cover.

The only thing that is a bit different is the shape of the eye lids.

I posted this one a while back in the thread... to me Baker used this My Life for source material on the GCE15.

GCE15a.jpg

3837000615_5f1bbeb2c2_o.jpg3837000573_23aa5ac736_o.jpg

I thought the model may have been Linda Darnell (a blonde version).

bb

Interesting observation. I for sure see the similarities. The eyebrows do have the same characteristics.

I know for a fact that Baker looked to photo images for his source work. So, maybe he looked to this cover.

GCE15a.jpg

bb

I've never heard of Linda Darnell but the way she is posing reminds me more of CL25

249331.jpg

bb

I've never heard of Linda Darnell but the way she is posing reminds me more of CL25

249331.jpg

She played Lolita in "The Mark of Zorro" (1940).

3837133165_d8d546e883_o.jpg

Also, I hope GACollectibles post his Baker purchase from the Chicago con :cloud9:

:cloud9:

baker001.jpg

WOW.that is uber sweet.Are these near impossible to find?

They pop up on Heritage every once in a while.

Also, I hope GACollectibles post his Baker purchase from the Chicago con :cloud9:

:cloud9:

baker001.jpg

WOW.that is uber sweet.Are these near impossible to find?

They pop up on Heritage every once in a while.

There are two guys that I know that own these. Both are in Canada. One of the guys lists them in Heritage.

I probably sold some Baker strips/pages to one of them years ago, I had some nice stuff come through in 2003-4.

Got any more?

hm

I probably sold some Baker strips/pages to one of them years ago, I had some nice stuff come through in 2003-4.

Got any more?

hm

:whistle: