• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,349 posts in this topic

The woman on this cover always seemed like she was missing "make-up".  Like many on the boards, I was delighted to discover this giant about 15 years ago.  I was blown away when I saw it as I did not know it existed.  I am glad to see many of my fellow boardies with copies.

DiarySecretsGiant.jpg

5 minutes ago, BakerFanOne said:

The woman on this cover always seemed like she was missing "make-up".  Like many on the boards, I was delighted to discover this giant about 15 years ago.  I was blown away when I saw it as I did not know it existed.  I am glad to see many of my fellow boardies with copies.

DiarySecretsGiant.jpg

Hate to contradict you, but I doubt we could account for more than four copies of this book.

13 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Do you have All-Picture All-True Love Stories #2?  Or, the other Diary Secrets digest (#7)?  How about Cinderella Love #25?  All-True All-Picture Police Cases #2?

I had them all at one point but only have two of them now.  I will dig them out eventually and show which of the two i still have.  At one point in the 90s, I had all the Baker romance titles with the exception of two giants.  But like a fool, sold some of the runs.  Now trying to piece them back together.  I need a few more than Sqeggs, but down to less than 10.  Of course, many of them are the high demand ones.

Now that I put some thought into the census on Diary Secrets nn giant, I believe the following boardies have posted scans of copies they own: Sqeggs (who owns the D copy), jlee, Robot Man, and BakerFanOne.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I also seem to recall reading that Michelle Nolan owns, or used to own, a copy. 

Does anyone know of any others?

1 hour ago, BakerFanOne said:

Hope you find one soon.  Here is my copy that I have owned for 20 years if I remember correctly.

AllPicture.jpg

I'm no Baker expert but I think this is the rarest Baker giant. Much tougher thanks the Diary Secrets giant. This is about the only copy I have seen. The fact that this is the online I recall seeing here supports this. It has been on my want list for over 20 years. I have kind of given up finding one unless I get lucky.

52 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Now that I put some thought into the census on Diary Secrets nn giant, I believe the following boardies have posted scans of copies they own: Sqeggs (who owns the D copy), jlee, Robot Man, and BakerFanOne.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I also seem to recall reading that Michelle Nolan owns, or used to own, a copy. 

Does anyone know of any others?

Not that I can recall, but there may well be some more out there.  There are a few people who post infrequently in this thread who have some nice Bakers.  Maybe one of them has a copy. After that copy of A-P A-T LS 2 surfaced on eBay recently, you never know when an additional copy or two of even very scarce books may be found. 

As we are on giants, I have always liked this one among Baker's Crime genre.  The front cover looks decent, but the back cover has some water damage. 

RecordBook.jpg

I love that one too. Love the colors. I even have a Mexican version of it as well.

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hope you find one soon.  Here is my copy that I have owned for 20 years if I remember correctly.

AllPicture.jpg

I'm no Baker expert but I think this is the rarest Baker giant. Much tougher thanks the Diary Secrets giant. This is about the only copy I have seen. The fact that this is the online I recall seeing here supports this. It has been on my want list for over 20 years. I have kind of given up finding one unless I get lucky.

There's this copy, 29dukedog's copy, and a graded 8.5 on the census.  So, that's three.

As just discussed, we know of four copies of the DS nn.

A-P A-T 2 has one copy graded, I have a copy, and I think we've seen at least one other copy posted here.  Then there's the copy that was just on eBay.  So, again that's four.

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Thanks, all.  The one I need is this one.  (Scan swiped from GCD site.)

292849.jpg

Can't wait for you to find this one Tony. I'd really like to see a Baker of the day run like G.A.tor is running on his Centaurs. 

Do you have most of his other non romance books as well? Know of anybody who has a whole set? 

I've been working on a collection of all his Friction House work. All I have left is some later Jumbos.

29 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Can't wait for you to find this one Tony. I'd really like to see a Baker of the day run like G.A.tor is running on his Centaurs. 

Do you have most of his other non romance books as well? Know of anybody who has a whole set? 

I've been working on a collection of all his Friction House work. All I have left is some later Jumbos.

I was thinking of doing that if I ever track down a copy of this one ... so it could be a while! :)

I've got all of his APCs, although a few copies are pretty ragged.  I'm lacking All-True All-Picture Police Cases 2 (I have issue 1, although it's debatable whether it has a Baker cover -- I think not).  I'm missing a couple of the St John Fightin' Marine issues and a few of his other St John non-romance, non-crime books.  I'm also missing some of his Quality and Atlas romance books.

I don't think I want to take on completing all of his non-St John stuff.  But that would really be an accomplishment if someone could manage it!