• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,359 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BakerFanOne said:

As we are on giants, I have always liked this one among Baker's Crime genre.  The front cover looks decent, but the back cover has some water damage. 

RecordBook.jpg

I know this one isn't as rare but I didn't manage to get find this one either.  Great cover.

2 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

You've got mine counted in.  I think the the Diary Secrets NN is less common.

I think the DS nn is the single scarcest St. John romance book... closely followed by APATLS #2.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Do you have the other one? Never seen it either.

Here's the 3 that I have.  I have slim hopes of finding a Confessions of Love 2.  I also regret selling my Baker digests, I had 2 copies of #7 and a #9 at one point.  

20170429_134839.jpg

43 minutes ago, buttock said:

Here's the 3 that I have.  I have slim hopes of finding a Confessions of Love 2.  I also regret selling my Baker digests, I had 2 copies of #7 and a #9 at one point.  

20170429_134839.jpg

Sweet group!  Incredible high grades on them.  A very neglected area of collecting and hopefully there will be a little more visibility on these rare but very collectible gems.

Edited by BakerFanOne

1 minute ago, BakerFanOne said:

Sweet group!  Incredible high grades on them.  A very neglected area of collecting and hopefully there will be a little more visibility on these rare but very collectible gems.

Thanks!  The Harvey digests seem to be getting some love recently, but I suspect romance will lag behind as it usually does.  

12 minutes ago, buttock said:

Thanks!  The Harvey digests seem to be getting some love recently, but I suspect romance will lag behind as it usually does.  

Yeah - I gave up on the Harveys as they were always very pricey.  But the romance ones are nice to have!

2 hours ago, buttock said:

20170429_134839.jpg

VERY cool! I have never seen all 3 together. I don't think I have ever seen a copy of Confessions of Love at all.

Speaking about being "late to the game", I can attest that while prices continue to rise on Bakers, the books are out there and they can still be had at somewhat reasonable costs (especially if you're amenable to presentable lower-grades, as I am) when compared to other GA. 

Higher prices have released previously unattainable books from private collections, which helps stimulate the market.

I've now managed to gather 85 Bakers in 16 months (and would have more than that but have turned down copies that I felt were too high priced).  I should be able to make my goal of 100 Bakers by the end of this year with ease.

What I have noticed is that everyone seems to be in tune with the popularity of Bakers nowadays, even dealers who previously gave them little-to-no regard. As someone who paid no attention to Bakers during my previous 35 years of collecting, the epiphany has been stunning (to say the least).

It should be interesting to see how the Guide reacts to the Baker market in upcoming years. 

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Speaking about being "late to the game", I can attest that while prices continue to rise on Bakers, the books are out there and they can still be had at somewhat reasonable costs (especially if you're amenable to presentable lower-grades, as I am) when compared to other GA. 

Higher prices have released previously unattainable books from private collections, which helps stimulate the market.

I've now managed to gather 85 Bakers in 16 months (and would have more than that but have turned down copies that I felt were too high priced).  I should be able to make my goal of 100 Bakers by the end of this year with ease.

What I have noticed is that everyone seems to be in tune with the popularity of Bakers nowadays, even dealers who previously gave them little-to-no regard. As someone who paid no attention to Bakers during my previous 35 years of collecting, the epiphany has been stunning (to say the least).

It should be interesting to see how the Guide reacts to the Baker market in upcoming years. 

If it holds true to form, it will miss it entirely.   

Edited by buttock

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Here's how it looked on the newstand in Mexico. Not nearly as desireable, but maybe the only one out there.

comrecordpolicespanish_zpsab98e6d7.jpg

I like it.  I don't own many foreign comics,  but these are way cool and a key part of history.  Thanks for sharing!