• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,349 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Definitely a nice pickup despite the flaws.  Top graded is only a 5.0.  I don't have any copy at all.

*blinks* I'm always fuzzy on exactly how small dings bring down a book, but it might be worth submitting my copy if a 5.0 is top graded...

Yorick:  No, the 1st Canteen Kate is in #2

15 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

*blinks* I'm always fuzzy on exactly how small dings bring down a book, but it might be worth submitting my copy if a 5.0 is top graded...

Yorick:  No, the 1st Canteen Kate is in #2

THANKS!!

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Speaking of tough.  I've been looking for a copy of this one for years ... in any condition.  And any condition about describes this copy!  Very happy to get even a beater copy because after this, I'm down to just one last Baker St John romance book to have the complete set.  Many thanks to a boardie for alerting me that this copy had popped up on a dealer's site.

cbd26e3f-bd2c-4540-9ff4-ace80d8e9d8e_zpsg5zvw8xj.jpg

WOW, just one Tony??? What is is? Maybe me or some one else can make it happen for you. It has to be done.

1 hour ago, Yorick said:

I submitted this TAR25 myself.  I was thinking it would be at least a 7.0 (was kinda expecting an 8.0).  I guess I suck at grading.

Teen-Age Romances 25.JPG

Great copy. My copy is more vg+ and I've been looking for an upgrade for years.

3 hours ago, Yorick said:

I submitted this TAR25 myself.  I was thinking it would be at least a 7.0 (was kinda expecting an 8.0).  I guess I suck at grading.

Teen-Age Romances 25.JPG

Whoa!  Beauty!

1 hour ago, sagii said:
1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

WOW, just one Tony??? What is is? Maybe me or some one else can make it happen for you. It has to be done.

Agreed. And 'WOW' 

Thanks, all.  The one I need is this one.  (Scan swiped from GCD site.)

292849.jpg

I own the All-Picture All-True Love Story #1 pictured at the GCD site.  Got it from Metropolis about ten years ago, after they'd won it in a lot of romance books in a Heritage auction (where it can still be seen).

My TR 14 is my nicest "tall" issue of TR.  It still has some waviness to that top edge, but I'm betting that could easily be pressed out, and it would probably grade pretty nice. 

AllPictureAllTrueLoveStory1_zpsd566a4e8.

tar14_zpsf0be1dc4.jpg

5 minutes ago, BakerFanOne said:

My TAR 25 is low grade too.  Probably a lot tougher than I realized to find a decent copy.

TAR_25.jpg

Looks a lot like my copy.  I dunno, I've seen more than just a few copies for sale over the past 15 years.  It was one of my first few Bakers.  I think it was just the draw of the cards that it took Sqeggs so long to find one.

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

Looks a lot like my copy.  I dunno, I've seen more than just a few copies for sale over the past 15 years.  It was one of my first few Bakers.  I think it was just the draw of the cards that it took Sqeggs so long to find one.

Makes you wonder about how distribution in various parts of the country severely impacted availability in different regions.  Some Baker books were easy to find for me that I now realize are pretty scarce and so it could be the luck of the draw as you say.