• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2017 at 6:52 PM, comicnoir said:

What the heck?!  I do a "Matt Baker" ebay search every day and didn't see that one!

On 8/15/2017 at 9:52 PM, comicnoir said:

yep I was fast on the trigger.  I generally go for the lower grade Bakers - but this one with a double cover seemed like the time to splurge.  

I couldn't find any previous listings of it anywhere - so I figured it wouldn’t last a day on the Bay

I'll likely be offering it for trade in December once I better organize my books (and I'm still getting used to the new layout of the boards after being away from it for a year)

On 8/15/2017 at 9:52 PM, comicnoir said:

I was hemming and hawing as well. 

15 hours ago, torontodesignguy said:

yep I was fast on the trigger.  I generally go for the lower grade Bakers - but this one with a double cover seemed like the time to splurge.  

I couldn't find any previous listings of it anywhere - so I figured it wouldn’t last a day on the Bay

I'll likely be offering it for trade in December once I better organize my books (and I'm still getting used to the new layout of the boards after being away from it for a year)

Hey, I'm in Toronto. We should meet for coffee.

After marveling at sagii's fantastic find last week, I half-heartedly decided to go looking for a copy, myself... (all the while thinking, "Yeah, right- what are the odds?") 

But sometimes lightning strikes twice.  This came from a site that always has tons of GA, but just listings- no scans.  Otherwise, I doubt the book would've still been there at all. 

crown7_a.jpg

13 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

After marveling at sagii's fantastic find last week, I half-heartedly decided to go looking for a copy, myself... (all the while thinking, "Yeah, right- what are the odds?") 

But sometimes lightning strikes twice.  This came from a site that always has tons of GA, but just listings- no scans.  Otherwise, I doubt the book would've still been there at all. 

crown7_a.jpg

:golfclap:Amazing! Wow, what are the odds?!? Goes to show you, when you hunt, leave no stone unturned. Nice copy there, looks flat and glossy , happy you've scored one ( being one of the Boards esteemed 'Baker Boys'). 

Congrats!! (thumbsu

Just now, sagii said:

:golfclap:Amazing! Wow, what are the odds?!? Goes to show you, when you hunt, leave no stone unturned. Nice copy there, looks flat and glossy , happy you've scored one ( being one of the Boards esteemed 'Baker Boys'). 

Congrats!! (thumbsu

Hey, I have you to thank for it!  You caused me to go looking for one in the first place.  So thanks, big time!  

2 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

crown7_a.jpg

Time to throw that up on the GA redhead thread.

20 minutes ago, szavisca said:

It's not romance I know but everyone seems to post everything Baker in this thread and its got sexy ladies so....finally found a decentish copy of this one that I really like.

nm13fmin.jpg

A book that's not easy to find in grades like this.  Good job.  

21 minutes ago, szavisca said:

It's not romance I know but everyone seems to post everything Baker in this thread and its got sexy ladies so....finally found a decentish copy of this one that I really like.

nm13fmin.jpg

:applause:like it. Like it a lot! Nice copy with rich color. 

2 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Thanks, like your recent crown comics find, got this off one of those old timey dealer websites where there's no scans and you don't even know if they still have the books that are listed anymore, and they take 3 weeks to reply to your inquiry, etc....some of my best finds recently have been on sites like that.  Takes a bit of work bet well worth the payoff.

Not as nice as yours, but I recently got a copy from Lone Star

4268702.jpg