• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,400 posts in this topic

Just now, Dr. Love said:

That Pictorial Romances 5 on HA this weekend is heating up pretty good.  Love this book, shocked to see there are two 8.5's.  Wish I had one!

Delete this post at once! :baiting:

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

But since we're discussing it ... 6.5 seems a little high for the grade, no? hm

and that's without a glimpse of the back cover - not that it matters - much!

never underestimate HA's ability to overestimate the grade

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

That Pictorial Romances 5 on HA this weekend is heating up pretty good.  Love this book, shocked to see there are two 8.5's.  Wish I had one!

I can't believe HA stills has stuff from the Levine house for sale after two years 

14 minutes ago, comicjack said:
2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

I can't believe HA stills has stuff from the Levine house for sale after two years 

They certainly are willing to slowly bleed stuff out.  Kind of like the Mel Dybdahl books, which I think they are still listing, or Graham's books on CLink.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Phil had more Fox than St John in terms of romance, and this is his nicest Baker so far, yet HA doesn't think it's worth $20+ to get it slabbed.   hm

Probably because it's still only a $150 book in the guide.  But they do sometimes keep raw books that you would think they would have had graded.

1 hour ago, tricolorbrian said:

Good old Metro...never a correct grade...but, as long as you know that I guess it doesn't matter if the price is right...hm

Besides the chronic over-grading and egregious manipulations, their philosophy of bleeding customers means that the price is rarely ever "right". 

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Besides the chronic over-grading and egregious manipulations, their philosophy of bleeding customers means that the price is rarely ever "right". 

Agree ... Metro ha s their own grading scale and one will seldom get a comic back from CGC with the same grade that Metro sold it as ..........