• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,400 posts in this topic

Second was the just off the hook beautiful Diary Secrets #10. The gloss on this one is blinding. I got it very cheap due to the fact that it is trimmed a little off kilter as many St. Johns often are. But the weird thing is that the inside front and back covers as well as the back covers are blank! A printing error? Canadian? Not sure, but I just couldn't pass it up especially for the price. Might be the nicest Baker romance issue I have.

comdiarysecrets10.jpg

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Second was the just off the hook beautiful Diary Secrets #10. The gloss on this one is blinding. I got it very cheap due to the fact that it is trimmed a little off kilter as many St. Johns often are. But the weird thing is that the inside front and back covers as well as the back covers are blank! A printing error? Canadian? Not sure, but I just couldn't pass it up especially for the price. Might be the nicest Baker romance issue I have.

comdiarysecrets10.jpg

BLANK?  I'd be worried its a photocopy.  There are certainly a lot of St John printing errors though.  I just handed 14 Bakers to CGC this weekend at the SF ComicCon.  A True Love Pictorial 9 in the bunch has such a bad right edge mis-cut....

20 minutes ago, Yorick said:

BLANK?  I'd be worried its a photocopy.  There are certainly a lot of St John printing errors though.  I just handed 14 Bakers to CGC this weekend at the SF ComicCon.  A True Love Pictorial 9 in the bunch has such a bad right edge mis-cut....

No, it is definitely not a photo copy. I checked it out well. It's also the right kind of gloss. The paper has also aged accordingly. Nice printing quality not like the usual Canada copies. Just never seen anything like it. Anybody ever see anything like this?

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

comdiarysecrets10.jpg

What are the adds on the back cover?,is anything like postmaster info ect under the splash page?

36 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

What are the adds on the back cover?,is anything like postmaster info ect under the splash page?

All the covers are blank except for the outside front cover. Here is the inside front cover first, the inside back cover second and the black cover third.

diarysecretsinsidefc.jpg

diarysecretsinsidebc.jpg

diarysecretsbackcover.jpg

Are there two sets of staples on the interior, but only one going through the cover? If so, that might be a hand assembled copy from the end of the print run. Marvel used to do that, match unused covers and unused interiors by hand...stuff that had gotten missed during the initial run. Maybe they ran off a few fronts with the rest blank to match with interiors that made it through without covers.

I'm at a loss.I don't think I have any Canadian editions like that...maybe one with the other three sides blank,but don't know just where that one is now.It's one of those odd mash up books with a western cover and mixed stories inside,funny animal,teen and western.

october may be on to something.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

All the covers are blank except for the outside front cover. Here is the inside front cover first, the inside back cover second and the black cover third.

diarysecretsinsidefc.jpg

diarysecretsinsidebc.jpg

diarysecretsbackcover.jpg

According to GCD, this interior is for Diary Secrets 12. Maybe someone added the wrong cover to a coverless copy a while ago.

2 hours ago, october said:

Are there two sets of staples on the interior, but only one going through the cover? If so, that might be a hand assembled copy from the end of the print run. Marvel used to do that, match unused covers and unused interiors by hand...stuff that had gotten missed during the initial run. Maybe they ran off a few fronts with the rest blank to match with interiors that made it through without covers.

That's exactly what this looks like. No staple holes in cover that match up with the interior. There is one at the top that holds the cover to the book. None of this looks like something a buyer would do. I wonder what CGC would grade this at?

There was a printer proof of Diary Secrets 26 that sold on HA a while back.  Maybe someone had the proof of DS10 and put it on that interior (and then trimmed it down to fit).  The red ink bleed through makes me think it's an era cover print.

Everything about it is vintage and of the era. Usually, the printing on most Canada issues I have seen is a bit sub par. I tend to go with the printer or publisher senario. Although I don't know why. "In the bag" you would never know and it would burn your retinas. For the right price, I love oddball stuff like this and the price was very right. I kind of got the feeling the seller who had mostly newer stuff wanted it gone. I was happy to oblige... 

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Everything about it is vintage and of the era. Usually, the printing on most Canada issues I have seen is a bit sub par. I tend to go with the printer or publisher senario. Although I don't know why. "In the bag" you would never know and it would burn your retinas. For the right price, I love oddball stuff like this and the price was very right. I kind of got the feeling the seller who had mostly newer stuff wanted it gone. I was happy to oblige... 

+1

great cover and the "misplaced" interior is even better than the DS10 imho. Two Baker stories as compared to one and better drawn.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, jimjum12 said:
On 8/24/2017 at 1:15 PM, tricolorbrian said:
On 8/24/2017 at 8:25 AM, jimjum12 said:

..... his wife made him come up from the basement..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Damn wives...

...... I'm told she made him shave and to put on something other than the Rolling Stones concert "T"...... and she may even force him to take her to Roses. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

:acclaim:

On 9/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, sacentaur said:
On 9/1/2017 at 7:07 PM, comicnoir said:

Where is he getting theses

Shangri-La :whistle:

I know that shop.  It's right outside of Kathmandu on the Bhutan highway.

But ... they said they would hold those Bakers for me. :taptaptap:

On 9/5/2017 at 11:30 PM, Dr. Love said:
On 9/5/2017 at 6:02 PM, Robot Man said:

+1

great cover and the "misplaced" interior is even better than the DS10 imho. Two Baker stories as compared to one and better drawn.

Yeah, no idea what it is, but it's definitely a really cool Baker anomaly.