• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,322 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, G G ® ™ said:

Not a romance book per se, but I guess you could say it was a romantic cover.

Nevertheless it's Baker and its bangin', :cloud9:

a.jpg

Well, the circle inset drawing of Phantom Lady is by Baker... and perhaps Baker penciled a body layout for the blonde, but mostly this seems like Kamen.

31 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Took a while to find a nicer copy of this one. Cool cover! -- I swear you can hear the thunder of those elephants. Some resto but the price was right.

wildboy14.thumb.jpg.f7298f0680ee558614363d2c884ad8b0.jpg

It looks great as is, and that goes a long way when you see what a lot of money will get you nowadays...

I am often content to own the book, detractors and all, and a lot of times, they are rough.

I think it is a good buy (thumbsu

10 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

This finally got here .... the USPS machine needs some oiling, but better late than never. I was afraid to post it for fear of jinxing it. I'm not a Baker completist, but there are several that are my favorites like TAR 42 and this one ... I think the off-center printing may have saved the day for me as I'm not the fastest draw on the forum ... either way, Myles is my hero for listing it here... this is the kind of book I always come up short on at auction. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

DZ38Mct.jpg

great looking 4.5

5 minutes ago, Changer said:

great looking 4.5

I know :cloud9: ... I always reserve judgement until it's in hand as a scan hides so many weak points (... and strengths) ... but this one is a SDCC fine all day long. It does have a stain back cover and a tear / crumple at the edge on the back. Looks to have good gloss... It will probably end up in a Mylar, but I never do that without sleeping on it. GOD BLESS...

Just now, jimjum12 said:

I know :cloud9: ... I always reserve judgement until it's in hand as a scan hides so many weak points (... and strengths) ... but this one is a SDCC fine all day long. It does have a stain back cover and a tear / crumple at the edge on the back. Looks to have good gloss... It will probably end up in a Mylar, but I never do that without sleeping on it. GOD BLESS...

CGC really distains stains..

5 hours ago, comicnoir said:

The good things about that copy are very good but its interesting to see a copy with a piece that big missing from an edge, rather than even a corner, and have water damage and still get a 3.0. I'd gladly take it!

On 5/26/2021 at 5:28 PM, jimjum12 said:

This finally got here .... the USPS machine needs some oiling, but better late than never. I was afraid to post it for fear of jinxing it. I'm not a Baker completist, but there are several that are my favorites like TAR 42 and this one ... I think the off-center printing may have saved the day for me as I'm not the fastest draw on the forum ... either way, Myles is my hero for listing it here... this is the kind of book I always come up short on at auction. GOD BLESS....

DZ38Mct.jpg

Nice. Definitely one of the tougher issues.

6 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Not totally crazy given how prices have been going. 

Turns out the Promise Collection had an SS 5 but no 4 or 6. Be interesting to see what the 5 does. One thing the sainted Matt had trouble with is profiles.