• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,324 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2021 at 4:48 PM, Iksar said:

Is this Matt Baker self-portrait cover? Hold it, Matt...

SOTL.jpg

I couldn't figure out what the seller meant by that ....

On 6/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:
On 6/3/2021 at 11:33 PM, comicnoir said:

I think it would have ended higher at a better venue but I didn’t mind how it turned out :bigsmile:

Is that price low? Just looking at GPA, it seems like a significant bump from the 3.0 that sold last September. hm

17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Is that price low? Just looking at GPA, it seems like a significant bump from the 3.0 that sold last September. hm

That 3.0 was an underpriced Buy It Now or similar type of high starting bid auction that got snapped up that I have tried to buy from the owner at a profit. He wisely is keeping it (thumbsu

The last 3.5 I had sold for over $8k and I have tried to buy that back too with no success.

GPA is a very deceptive measuring rod mainly because of over or under priced bay BIN prices where somebody got a steal or somebody caught a fish. 

Many (I mean the vast majority) of the best golden age buyers are not searching EBay and even less so now that their search has been effectively destroyed.  

I firmly believe that book with a starting bid of $1 on your friendly Dallas based auction site :) goes $6000-6500 plus BP. It is in my top three Baker covers so I’m glad to get one again.  

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Just now, Sqeggs said:

Interesting.  I've lost track of prices on that book since I sold off my undercopies--they were a steal, I steal, I tell ya!

Were you at the NYCC when Harley was trying to sell this copy to everybody (and their cousins in Brooklyn) and had no takers until I wandered by? It was raw but CGC ended up agreeing with his grade. 

71dd4b0e-a6c5-4b1f-8ca5-5741f627a140_zpszoepmazh.jpg

Umm… wanna trade? I’ll throw in a little extra :foryou::baiting::nyah:

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Interesting.  I've lost track of prices on that book since I sold off my undercopies--they were a steal, I steal, I tell ya!

Were you at the NYCC when Harley was trying to sell this copy to everybody (and their cousins in Brooklyn) and had no takers until I wandered by? It was raw but CGC ended up agreeing with his grade. 

71dd4b0e-a6c5-4b1f-8ca5-5741f627a140_zpszoepmazh.jpg

Harley wouldn't tell me what you paid. Care to share?