• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,400 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2023 at 9:10 PM, LadyDeath said:

This skyrocketed quick. Seems to fetch a pretty penny. [...]

Capture.JPG

To be fair, this is the rare Ginormous Slab variant.

On 11/9/2023 at 6:38 AM, Point Five said:

To be fair, this is the rare Ginormous Slab variant.

I know I'm in the minority here, and I swear I don't mean to provoke as I really enjoy this community of comics lovers, but I'm in constant amazement.  What poor frames for art the slabs are.  Beyond the ugly blue labels and obnoxious silver hologram stickers, there's so often all this empty space of clear plastic, the comic will be off-center, etc.  The messed up thing is as soon as you crack it for a different presentation, you'll have to resubmit later for slab lovers to have as high an interest.  I understand that there's different strokes for different folks - I'm just still wrapping my head around all this ???

On 11/9/2023 at 5:28 AM, LadyDeath said:

I was thinking the same thing! lol Is this the scan giving that illusion or what?

Pretty sure it's in a magazine sized slab.  Which happens to quite a lot of the taller St. John books, but I'm not sure this specific issue needs it.

image.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

On 11/9/2023 at 12:49 PM, OtherEric said:

Pretty sure it's in a magazine sized slab.  Which happens to quite a lot of the taller St. John books, but I'm not sure this specific issue needs it.

Gotcha, that is odd. I was unsure because the other graded copies I've seen of this book were all in normal sized slabs.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:44 PM, szav said:

Been waiting for the cycle of rising prices on Baker romance to trickle on over to Baker babe non-romance but even this is a very surprising result tonight.  Not a rare book in this grade at all, but one of my favorites anyway.

image.thumb.png.d581cac9e23552eeed275e4d5f607436.png

Was watching this one, a bit baffled as well. Makes me grateful I won Diary Secrets 20/29 at the prices I did.