• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,370 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2024 at 3:40 PM, Yorick said:

They used to.  Not so sure anymore...

I believe it's at their discretion.

I read somewhere they said within 2 weeks of slabbing, but then again that was at one point. 

On 3/28/2024 at 5:42 PM, Yorick said:

Have you posted your winning's in the PBA thread?  Or perhaps you can post the DA2 $30k copy in my Flanagan thread?  :whatthe:

I actually posted it here without identifying it as a win. It’s the Matt Baker cover doing his own “Uncle Sam” version

On 3/23/2024 at 1:58 PM, Yorick said:

Matching stamps and no damages to the main image area!  Excellent color.  :cloud9:

Is that a folded over corner on the bottom right of 29?  What I do with problematic dog ears is to gently fold it flat, lay a sheet of another back board to the front to keep it down (so it won't hang up on the bag edge), sleeve the comic between the two backers, and then you can slowly remove the front backer board and the fold should still be held down.  2c

Sorry for the delay. I never picked up on the matching stamps until you mentioned it.  And I just took a picture of the bottom corner as it’s missing a piece, unfortunately.  However, great tip on how to deal with the pesky corner folds - thank you!!!

IMG_5322.jpeg

On 4/1/2024 at 7:55 AM, Microbia said:

In current signature auction ending this Saturday.

picrom6.jpeg

I have a worse St John mis-cut.  (:

On 4/1/2024 at 10:13 AM, Yorick said:

I have a worse St John mis-cut.  (:

I had a Fightin' Marines #15 that was about that bad, only along the right edge.  Sold it to a boardie pretty quickly, a quick check shows that it's still the highest graded after they submitted it.  I'm happy enough with my 4.0 that I got as part of the sale/trade:

Fightin_Marines_15_front.jpg

On 4/1/2024 at 10:23 AM, OtherEric said:

I had a Fightin' Marines #15 that was about that bad, only along the right edge.  Sold it to a boardie pretty quickly, a quick check shows that it's still the highest graded after they submitted it.  I'm happy enough with my 4.0 that I got as part of the sale/trade:

Fightin_Marines_15_front.jpg

That copy looks fantastic.  I only have a 0.5 of that issue (interior complete :bigsmile:).

On 4/1/2024 at 10:29 AM, Yorick said:

That copy looks fantastic.  I only have a 0.5 of that issue (interior complete :bigsmile:).

Like I said, no longer my copy.  But it is a pretty nice book, isn’t it?

I’ll see if I can get a photo of my copy when I get home.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, OtherEric said:

no longer my copy.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:23 AM, OtherEric said:

was about that bad, only along the right edge

???  I thought you were going to post a miscut?  :baiting:  That ain't no stinkin miscut.

IMG_20230915_231802814.jpg

On 4/7/2024 at 6:02 AM, Iksar said:

Top tier Baker

APC8.jpg

Nice! My favorite in the run and in my top 10 Baker favorites. Ironically, I had a solid copy for sale at what I thought was a reasonable price that just sat for quite a while. Seems like the Baker folks just wanted the romance ones. (shrug)

Obviously, not anymore…