• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lone Star Comics (MyComicShop.com) is robbing me! Need advice!
2 2

223 posts in this topic

So "sue them" is always the initial reaction because it is the only binding mechanism of resolve. The only other option is to bend over and take it.

....or make the time to answer that phone call. :makepoint:

I look at it this way..

I contacted Buddy by e-mail.

He responded and said that he would rather handle the dispute via phone vs. e-mail.

I replied back that I would rather handle it via e-mail, and gave him a few reasons why (family, time, convience, etc.). I also like having the paper trail and record that e-mails provide. So if a problem isn't resolved, I can refer back to what was said and when, with no doubts.

So he wanted phone, and I, the customer wanted e-mail. Does that make me in the wrong in any way? Both are forms of communication, and I did indicate that I wanted to communicate with them about the issue, and was always willing to communicate.

While I somewhat understand your reasoning to not call, at this point I think you already have the paper trail you wanted which led you to where we are now.

At this point you could possibly clear this up in 5 minutes over the phone what might take days even weeks if handled through email.

It cant hurt at this point is what I am getting at.

2c

I agree. It would be a waste of time, money and effort to pursue this beyond the e-mails and posting where others can learn from it and use discretion about who and how to deal with.

I am one of those people that has a hard time letting things go because of ego, and it is hard to walk away from someone that has wronged you, but ultimately some things just aren't worth it. The thing to do is to take pride in the fact that you are a better person.

For those that might have missed it, this issue has been resolved. After another e-mail, Lone Star agreed to let me use the full credit on a one time purchase, of CGC graded items only, since CGC items are non-returnable for grading disputes.

After the order is filled, we are done doing business. So I pretty much avoided getting the shaft. Two of the books I ordered, were ones I had planned on ordering anyway. I still had some leftover credit, so I bought three books I would normally not have bought, just so I would have something to show from the credit

This was a much better solution than loosing the $100, as I at least have something to show for it. I'm still just shocked that they would toss aside a 4 year business relationship that made them thousands of dollars, over a couple of dollars in return shipping credit.

I admit I didnt read all the recent posts, there was over 65 when I logged on. :eek:

Glad to hear it was resolved, somewhat at least.

I agree. It would be a waste of time, money and effort to pursue this beyond the e-mails and posting where others can learn from it and use discretion about who and how to deal with.

I am one of those people that has a hard time letting things go because of ego, and it is hard to walk away from someone that has wronged you, but ultimately some things just aren't worth it. The thing to do is to take pride in the fact that you are a better person.

You know, it not always ego, and you shouldn't always walk away.

Some people and businesses need to know that customers aren't going to be walked all over. They need to know that, not only do they not get to keep the customers' money, but also that it's not going to be worth their time to screw over their customers. Since I started my business, I can not tell you the kind of cr@p I've had to call some companies on: invoiced sales tax on out of state orders, added charges for services not rendered or quoted, defective merchandise, fake shipping charges, fake storage charges--the list is endless. You don't call people on this kind of stuff, they keep trying to pull the same garbage. It's not always about the 100 bucks, but often about making people do what's right.

Some people and businesses need to know that customers aren't going to be walked all over. They need to know that, not only do they not get to keep the customers' money, but also that it's not going to be worth their time to screw over their customers. Since I started my business, I can not tell you the kind of cr@p I've had to call some companies on: invoiced sales tax on out of state orders, added charges for services not rendered or quoted, defective merchandise, fake shipping charges, fake storage charges--the list is endless. You don't call people on this kind of stuff, they keep trying to pull the same garbage. It's not always about the 100 bucks, but often about making people do what's right.

(thumbs u

I hear ya! That is why I said some things just aren't worth it. I have to deal with similar issues on a daily basis as well in my business, and you are right if you let it go, it will just keep happening if not get worse. That's why early on in this thread, I said it was more about the principle rather than the $100.

:gossip: I was sort of talking about walking away rather than letting it get to the point of wanting to punching someone in the flippin' nose. Even then, it might feel a lot better to let loose with a nice haymaker. ;)

Ressurection: My last couple of posts were deleted, I guess because of my political statements, so I won't even try.

I will just say that I truly do wish the best for you and yours. If I can help in some way, PM me and I will do what I can. Walt.

I told you they would be. A suspension would be in order as well IMO, but the mods apparently took mercy.

So "sue them" is always the initial reaction because it is the only binding mechanism of resolve. The only other option is to bend over and take it.

....or make the time to answer that phone call. :makepoint:

I look at it this way..

I contacted Buddy by e-mail.

He responded and said that he would rather handle the dispute via phone vs. e-mail.

I replied back that I would rather handle it via e-mail, and gave him a few reasons why (family, time, convience, etc.). I also like having the paper trail and record that e-mails provide. So if a problem isn't resolved, I can refer back to what was said and when, with no doubts.

So he wanted phone, and I, the customer wanted e-mail. Does that make me in the wrong in any way? Both are forms of communication, and I did indicate that I wanted to communicate with them about the issue, and was always willing to communicate.

Well, we could argue this by email for a couple of days, or we could argue this by phone in just a couple of minutes........... hm

Ressurection: My last couple of posts were deleted, I guess because of my political statements, so I won't even try.

I will just say that I truly do wish the best for you and yours. If I can help in some way, PM me and I will do what I can. Walt.

I told you they would be. A suspension would be in order as well IMO, but the mods apparently took mercy.

Sadist! :sumo:

:acclaim:

:acclaim:

:eek:

I could travel to Texas from Ohio and beat the out of someone

Back off, beeotch... Texas is my turf. If there's someone who needs an asswhoppin' in Texas I get first crack at it. :sumo:

Back off, beeotch... Texas is my turf. If there's someone who needs an asswhoppin' in Texas I get first crack at it. :sumo:

Puny human. :baiting:

Texas
:cloud9:

How 'bout them COWBOYS!!!!! :headbang:

:baiting:

I'm sure all of Dallas is happy about the addition Pac-Man Jones, the very definition of model citizen

Puny human. :baiting:

I know it doesn't seem possible but almost every day I learn a new, even better way to physically hurt someone.