• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

i think also action 1 is THE book. i am principaly a fan of superman before spider man but i am not a millionaire guy.. so i can t collect golden age action or golden age superman... so i collect the second favorite heroes.. spider-man... but in my mind the ultimate comic is action 1 to have

(thumbs u

Action 1 is a no doubter because it not only is a monster key book but it has one of the top five covers of all time.

Definetly the major key but not one of the top 5 covers of all time.

In my opinion it probably isn't even in the top 5 GA.

Think I'm going to have to start a thread in GA so that some great covers get posted.

Action 1 is a no doubter because it not only is a monster key book but it has one of the top five covers of all time.

Definetly the major key but not one of the top 5 covers of all time.

In my opinion it probably isn't even in the top 5 GA.

Think I'm going to have to start a thread in GA so that some great covers get posted.

:cool: agreed George...Action 1 is a green car cover lol Makes me like the Pre Robin covers even more...but, hey this is the SA forum and the AF 15 club thread :kidaround:

AF #15 lags behind from a value point of view as there are substantially more copies available in grade versus the other two.

That and the fact that AF #15 is about 24 years newer than the other two books, but as time goes by that gap seems to mean less and less.

Pretty good point (thumbs u

The time gap is effectively meaningless now--Spidey's extreme popularity eclipses it. Supply is the main reason it isn't as expensive as Action 1/Detective 27. If there were all of a sudden only 200 copies of AF15 in existence, today's prices would look absolutely dirt cheap.

IMO, A-1 is THE book. Always has been, through thick and thin, and always will be.

AF15 will never be on the same level. Never. :preach:

Brandon, nobody is disputing that. Just remember that AF #15 was selling for a $0.25 back issue when Action #1 was worth hundreds. Since then many of the most valuable comics of all time which were ranked right up there with Action #1 have fallen (Thunda, Whiz #1, Marvel #1) while AF #15 has just been picking up steam.

It's definitely one of the most popular keys and as mentioned if it was more rare the price would be through the roof.

AF 15 is a truly special book. It will definitely be interesting to see how the book moves in the next decade. With so many previously unbroken barriers now broken, I think the "ceiling" has been removed from just about every truly significant book in the hobby.

An interesting fact. During the early 80's to the late 90's, Amazing Fantasy 15 is normally worth 5-50% and more than Amazing Spiderman 1 in most grades. Now, AF15 is double in price per grade and even more at 5.5+ grade.

Actually for most of the past the AF 15 and SM 1 have had virtually the same value. I watched the values for them since 1974, through OPG's that I collect. Both books listed for about the same price until somewhere in the 80's, I wasn't collecting for most of that decade. I was surprised when AF 15 finally took off.

An interesting fact. During the early 80's to the late 90's, Amazing Fantasy 15 is normally worth 5-50% and more than Amazing Spiderman 1 in most grades. Now, AF15 is double in price per grade and even more at 5.5+ grade.

Actually for most of the past the AF 15 and SM 1 have had virtually the same value. I watched the values for them since 1974, through OPG's that I collect. Both books listed for about the same price until somewhere in the 80's, I wasn't collecting for most of that decade. I was surprised when AF 15 finally took off.

In one Overstreet update (the bi monthly updates in the 80s and 90s), Spidey 1 actually surpassed AF15 in value. :o I will never forget that.

Go figure!

AF #15 lags behind from a value point of view as there are substantially more copies available in grade versus the other two.

That and the fact that AF #15 is about 24 years newer than the other two books, but as time goes by that gap seems to mean less and less.

Pretty good point (thumbs u

The time gap is effectively meaningless now--Spidey's extreme popularity eclipses it. Supply is the main reason it isn't as expensive as Action 1/Detective 27. If there were all of a sudden only 200 copies of AF15 in existence, today's prices would look absolutely dirt cheap.

IMO, A-1 is THE book. Always has been, through thick and thin, and always will be.

AF15 will never be on the same level. Never. :preach:

Brandon, nobody is disputing that. Just remember that AF #15 was selling for a $0.25 back issue when Action #1 was worth hundreds. Since then many of the most valuable comics of all time which were ranked right up there with Action #1 have fallen (Thunda, Whiz #1, Marvel #1) while AF #15 has just been picking up steam.

It's definitely one of the most popular keys and as mentioned if it was more rare the price would be through the roof.

(It's Brannon....sometimes I wish Mom would have named me Brandon).

I hear you Roy. AF15 is my fave...always has been. But I know all of us have dreamed of owning an A-1 (some of us do...not me). The iconic book with S-Man effortlessly tilting the car ready to thrust it at the bad guys!

As much as I love AF15, I just can't picture it even close to "the" book. :makepoint:

In one Overstreet update (the bi monthly updates in the 80s and 90s), Spidey 1 actually surpassed AF15 in value. :o I will never forget that.

Go figure!

Wow, which issue? I remember buying all the updates, but no longer have most of them.

Go figure!

Wow, which issue? I remember buying all the updates, but no longer have most of them.

Very early one (J. Warren pub'd them in those days). Don't know the exact pub date. If anyone has them in chronological order, they can tell use the issue and values.

Go figure!

Very early one (J. Warren pub'd them in those days). Don't know the exact pub date. If anyone has them in chronological order, they can tell use the issue and values.

That's interesting that AMS 1 was worth more than AF15 at one point. In the early 1990's I bought my Amazing Spiderman 1 which should have went toward an AF15 instead. doh! Oh well...I just need to pay more for it in the 2009's. lol