• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Have you guys noticed there are 10 (TEN!) AF#15's in the current comiclink auction closing today?

Is it cashing in time? AF #15 reached the top of the rollercoaster? hm

I think it's no longer a good time to sell, but it's still a poor time to buy.

Have you guys noticed there are 10 (TEN!) AF#15's in the current comiclink auction closing today?

I think it's no longer a good time to sell, but it's still a poor time to buy.

doh! but i think i still got decent deal on my 3.5

I think it very well might be for low-graders...

I followed 5 of them and all sold for 2007 prices...

CGC 3.5 VG- final price : $4,001

Mickey Mouse grading company 3.5 VG- final price : $3,225

CGC 3.0 GVG final price : $4,200

CGC 2.0 GD final price : $3,050

CGC 1.0 FR final price : $1,222

Really good deal whoever got the CGC 3.5 for 4K

Just a few weeks ago these were the asking prices for copies in the following grade here on the boards :

a 1.0 for $2100

a 2.0 for $3600

a 4.0 for $7700

I think it very well might be for low-graders...

I followed 5 of them and all sold for 2007 prices...

CGC 3.5 VG- final price : $4,001

Mickey Mouse grading company 3.5 VG- final price : $3,225

CGC 3.0 GVG final price : $4,200

CGC 2.0 GD final price : $3,050

CGC 1.0 FR final price : $1,222

Really good deal whoever got the CGC 3.5 for 4K

Just a few weeks ago these were the asking prices for copies in the following grade here on the boards :

a 1.0 for $2100

a 2.0 for $3600

a 4.0 for $7700

I think it's a function of the number of copies available during that auction. That said, I would love to see prices come down... :wishluck:

Has anyone ever seen any copys of fantasy #15 ,what i like to call frankenstein books?These books have bad restoration done to them,front cover from one copy,interior from another and back cover from another copy.They usually have no staples and are glued together,and have a clear coat spray on the covers. I ran into 3 copys like this in pennsylvania.

nice copies. got a story to go with them?

Top on is (was) CGC2.5..cracked it....my first grail of any kind from eBay way back when AF#15's were affordable (I think I paid about 2K in early 2006)

Second was about a year later, Metro graded 4.5.....just looked pretty, and was guessing they would go thru the roof at some point....I think I paid just over 4K (early 2007)

I think I could make a tidy profit right now if I were to throw them into an auction, but I will never sell them..........probably....

Sell them both and make some money! (thumbs u

That's going to be a tough pill to swallow for the people on eBay buying up the 0.5s for around $1500 or so... :eek:

Well they should've been more patient and waited until prices cool down.

That's true... kind of makes me glad I have a "kill" switch that made me stop at a certain point with a few of my bids! Even with those numbers, I can still feel plenty fine about my little low grade copy :)

Well... I think based off the most recent numbers, you won't sell it for $5500 :shrug: Probably a few months ago, maybe, but now...looks like things might've cooled off a touch.

Unless you've got money tied up in it and need to sell ASAP, I'd suggest holding on to it for another 10 years and sell then. Just my 2c ...

Well... I think based off the most recent numbers, you won't sell it for $5500 :shrug: Probably a few months ago, maybe, but now...looks like things might've cooled off a touch.

Unless you've got money tied up in it and need to sell ASAP, I'd suggest holding on to it for another 10 years and sell then. Just my 2c ...

stanger things have happened

Jazz, you graded Gilberto's old copy? I'm surprised you didn't keep it for a reader copy. It was only missing 1/3 of the top splash page, so a 1.0 FR wasn't out of line, at least according to OS guidelines. Still, at least it came back blue! ;)

I was going to keep it as a reader copy but thought I'd give it a shot at stardom. I was on the fence whether this one would get a 1.0 or 0.5 because there was so much spine damage and, oh yeah, the title clipped from page 1. I guess that one staple that was still holding on for dear life made the difference. :banana:

nice copies. got a story to go with them?

Top on is (was) CGC2.5..cracked it....my first grail of any kind from eBay way back when AF#15's were affordable (I think I paid about 2K in early 2006)

Second was about a year later, Metro graded 4.5.....just looked pretty, and was guessing they would go thru the roof at some point....I think I paid just over 4K (early 2007)

I think I could make a tidy profit right now if I were to throw them into an auction, but I will never sell them..........probably....

Sell them both and (UPGRADE)! (thumbs u

Fixed.