• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,116 posts in this topic

I went down to Wizard World New Orleans this past weekend to get signatures on the 2 drawings of Stan Lee and Norman Reedus. We had a great time! Stan Lee was too funny! We had to do 2 different shoots when we did his photo op...he said my drawing messed the picture up the first time...then when I went to get him to sign it...he looked at it and said.."I never knew I was so handsome"...then I went over to Norman Reedus and this guy appreciates his fans so much! He was taking time to talk to everybody that was getting his signature. When he saw my picture he really liked it and asked if I minded if he put it up on his Twitter account...(like I minded!)...the guy was awesome! Later that night he posted it on his Facebook page and it's got almost 70,000 likes and over 1,000 comments...mostly good,and some bad...I appreciate the compliments and critiques. I have just picked up the pencil again after not doing anything for the last 18 years...I'm getting the itch again and hopefully will have some more cool stuff to show you guys soon! Here's some pics...and thanks for looking!!

1795183_10201054514756824_1440745916_o.jpg

575276_10201038080705983_82373673_n.jpg

1907676_10201038080505978_1433261699_n.jpg

12710_10201038081305998_1014072261_n.jpg

1901390_10201038081586005_2054116837_n.jpg

1888651_10201038080945989_1429114614_n.jpg

ComicRoomInked.jpeg

This is my memory of a very large convention from the very early 1970s. To do it I downloaded three photos I found on the internet which suggested the ballroom, but most of it is just the way I remember it-- hundreds of old boys and young men, no comic boxes but stacks of comics and comics in makeshift boxes, scraggly hair, clothes from the 1950s both in style and age, Maggie, Paty and the Vartinoff sisters and people having fun in their own way. It is sort of a "Where's Waldo" for comic fans. If I get a bit of time I will colour it.

That's supposed to be a young Ron Kasman second from the lower left corner and up a bit, not the one with the facial hair-- the one with the acne. I left out the goitre and the hare lip. I would have been seventeen.

ComicRoomInked.jpeg

This is my memory of a very large convention from the very early 1970s. To do it I downloaded three photos I found on the internet which suggested the ballroom, but most of it is just the way I remember it-- hundreds of old boys and young men, no comic boxes but stacks of comics and comics in makeshift boxes, scraggly hair, clothes from the 1950s both in style and age, Maggie, Paty and the Vartinoff sisters and people having fun in their own way. It is sort of a "Where's Waldo" for comic fans. If I get a bit of time I will colour it.

That's supposed to be a young Ron Kasman second from the lower left corner and up a bit, not the one with the facial hair-- the one with the acne. I would have been seventeen.

Dude! This is great. (worship) I could see this being an awesome print. I can't wait to see it coloured (to use your spelling)!

ComicRoomInked.jpeg

That's supposed to be a young Ron Kasman second from the lower left corner and up a bit, not the one with the facial hair-- the one with the acne. I left out the goitre and the hare lip. I would have been seventeen.

That is a beautiful bit of art Ron! Please re-post it when you get it coloured!smiley-gen130.gif

A few commission pieces I've done in the past few months. These are absolutely nothing compared to all the other amazing work in this thread, but I'd love some feedback from you fine folks!

LOVE the pencil line work here.

And kudos to COMICKINGS for getting that stuff signed, that's very cool!

A few commission pieces I've done in the past few months. These are absolutely nothing compared to all the other amazing work in this thread, but I'd love some feedback from you fine folks!

I love the style! Reminds me a little of cubism. Don't stop! :applause:

I am not much of an artist but I like to try sometimes...In light of my little dude being born I wanted to put something in his room that went with the theme and looked sort of like a Golden Age Comic...This is what I came up with...be gentle lol

12420553155_862a1d36d6_b.jpg

I am not much of an artist but I like to try sometimes...In light of my little dude being born I wanted to put something in his room that went with the theme and looked sort of like a Golden Age Comic...This is what I came up with...be gentle lol

:applause: It's much better than a blank piece of paper :)

I think it looks great. Congrats on the new addition! :applause:

I suppose issue #1 is reserved for the proud papa?

lol thanks guys...I put issue #2 bc it is our 2nd child hehe...as far as starting somewhere this is pretty much top of the line stuff from me...those trees and stars were hard enough to make I can't imagine trying to think up some the stuff you guys create!! just awesome :applause: love this thread (thumbs u