• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

This is something I did in 1979 when I was around 20. Black India ink on coldpress drawing board. I named it "Capricorn" cuz thats the star constellation that is showing in the sky and is my horoscope sign. I was in a cold dark place during those years. Lost and pretty much without hope. This picture reminds me how lonely I was. About a month later Jesus made Himself known to me and I left the dark and lonely place behind forever. :luhv:

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

By no means am I an artist, so this little sketch I did back in the day at my newsstand job (looking at the cover to Supes #75 newsstand edition, obviously) is, by my own standards, impressive:

capesketch.jpg

-slym

Pressing candidate.

I'm kind of embarrassed to show my artwork as I'm a perfectionist by nature (it's a Virgo thang) and my work is far from perfect.

My stuff went missing for over a year and I thought it lost for good but tonite I found it and scanned it.

I find it reflects my interests better than my words can. Although the pictures are dated I still love everything they represent.

I remember spending hours in school, in my bedroom and in my Grandmother's home drawing on paper like nothing else existed.

Man this paper smells good.

No laughing....I blush easy.

Oh, to be 19 again....

This is the earliest piece of artwork I own. I still remember drawing it in grade 7 art class.

I'm a hopeless romantic and Unicorns were at the center of my teenage imagination.

5f06d50c.jpg

This album runs deep.

I organized an "air guitar" band in high school in 1997/88 where we did Judas Priest.

Heavy Metal was not very popular at the time. Funk was.

We did 3 songs.

The finale song was "You've Got Another Thing Coming" from the album Screaming For Vengeance.

I organized the entire set including the opening riff which was us jumping in on "Living After Midnight" and it ended with me in a guitar solo for the song "You've Got Another Thing Coming" over the drum set, with a custom built stage and a full on light show to "cap off" our gig.

Man I was ing nervous.

We ended up in second place ( even though we had a roaring round of applause) because the judges decided that our lead singer (who looked and acted like Rob Halford to a "T") was covering his mouth too much just like Rob Halford did back in the day.

:cry:

I still love their music regardless of the high school politics I had to endure.

:cloud9:

076c17ac.jpg

I used to kneel and worship at the footstool of Frank Miller.

I spent most of my days in the years of 1988 and 1989 living at my grandmother's place where i did most of these drawings.

I was not very good at finishing what I started back then. I'd begin to ink something and then get distracted.

Sorry about that.

511a0bde.jpg

I loved the X-men so much. It ran as deep as anything else I collected. I tried to emulate Neal Adams (as if someone could). I was proud of it at the time. I called it Angel and Devil.

239c5ce3.jpg