• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

You would make a great Doodle Art artist,remember those.I loved them. :applause:

...totaly forgot ..I have posted these pencil drawings some time ago :blush:sorry

Nothing to be sorry about - I never saw them! Those are great - I have much respect for that kind of style. I'm sure I could never focus long enough to create one gigantic cohesively linked piece of art like that.

Maybe if Liefeld used photo ref he wouldn't have to put feet behind a rock (shrug)

Are you saying that my work is not as good because I use a photo as a reference on some work?Have you seen my other stuff recently shown here,that's not photo referenced.

I'm creating the art,not like I'm tracing it. :mad:

How about your work,let's see some of your work?

Edited by oakman29

Maybe if Liefeld used photo ref he wouldn't have to put feet behind a rock (shrug)

Are you saying that my work is not as good because I use a photo as a reference on some work?Have you seen my other stuff recently shown here,that's not photo referenced.

I believe I was talking about Liefeld. But as someone with an art degree I know it's easier to do a portrait from a photo than from a live model. I'm not putting your work down if that's what you think.

I believe I was talking about Liefeld. But as someone with an art degree I know it's easier to do a portrait from a photo than from a live model. I'm not putting your work down if that's what you think.

It did feel a little like a burn,yes. :/

Well, honestly, if you're using a source, I'm not sure why you'd have so much problem with an ear. The beauty of doing a portrait from a ref is that it's already solved the problem of converting 3 dimensions into 2. Again, I am not putting down your work.

Well, honestly, if you're using a source, I'm not sure why you'd have so much problem with an ear. The beauty of doing a portrait from a ref is that it's already solved the problem of converting 3 dimensions into 2. Again, I am not putting down your work.

Just the way I feel,that's all.Nothing more to it.

Also,

If you're going to do portraits using a source there is no shame in using a lightbox or an art-o-graph...if it's good enough for Neal Adams or Norman Rockwell, it should be good enough for anyone. At least that way you get the basic structure down cold and then after that it's all about your rendering technique...which is quite nice by the way.

Also,

If you're going to do portraits using a source there is no shame in using a lightbox or an art-o-graph...if it's good enough for Neal Adams or Norman Rockwell, it should be good enough for anyone. At least that way you get the basic structure down cold and then after that it's all about your rendering technique...which is quite nice by the way.

Did I say there was any shame in using a light box?I'm not quite sure why that was brought up?I don't use one,but I'm not against it if that's what your trying to say.

You made it sound like I was implying that your work was somehow not any good because you use photo reference and made a point to say you weren't tracing a photo, as if that was a bad thing.

You made it sound like I was implying that your work was somehow not any good because you use photo reference and made a point to say you weren't tracing a photo, as if that was a bad thing.

Why is there some kind of argument or disagreement here? (shrug)

Why is there some kind of argument or disagreement here? (shrug)

There isn't, but someone needs to end the conversation.