• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

I tend to be a copier, I see a pose, image or something in a comic I like so I copy it.

I was reading an old B&W Marvel mag this morning and saw an image I liked in an ad for Crazy or Cracked, I forget which, but I liked it so I drew this in the morning:

IMG_2268.jpg[/img]

I liked the splash from the latest Batgirl, started it last week and finished up this afternoon:

IMG_2269.jpg[/img]

I discovered Aphrodite IX by David Finch in a TPB recently:

IMG_2270.jpg[/img]

I tend to be a copier, I see a pose, image or something in a comic I like so I copy it.

I was reading an old B&W Marvel mag this morning and saw an image I liked in an ad for Crazy or Cracked, I forget which, but I liked it so I drew this in the morning:

IMG_2268.jpg[/img]

I liked the splash from the latest Batgirl, started it last week and finished up this afternoon:

IMG_2269.jpg[/img]

I discovered Aphrodite IX by David Finch in a TPB recently:

IMG_2270.jpg[/img]

You are very talented. :applause:

Buy a couple of artist anatomy books, soak up the world around you with your eyes and remember that photo reference is a good tool, but eventually you want to branch away from it. this is just IMHO.

Buy a couple of artist anatomy books, soak up the world around you with your eyes and remember that photo reference is a good tool, but eventually you want to branch away from it. this is just IMHO.

I'd agree with this. I think I read somewhere that Frazetta spent time as a young just copying from anatomy books until it became automatic. He might have used Bridgman, a classic.

Andrew Loomis is another classic. Loomis has been long out of print but is coming back into print.

This link:

http://saveloomis.org/

has some downloadable public domain art books, there is some good stuff in there if you don't want to splurge on some new books.