• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: My entire collection (not a joke)

325 posts in this topic

Nope. I promise I'm not holding a single book back! :) Its more a question of when in the thread a book will be listed. (am I going to list a certain book tomorrow or in two weeks?) Once I raise the $$ i need the thread will be closed. And to raise the $$ i need I will have to sell between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the books I own. So by moving a book to the back of the line and listing it later, I decrease my chance of ultimately having to sell it. But until I actually raise the funds I need, sooner or later every book I own will wind up right here! (If that all made any sense) Books like my Action 2, More Fun 52, Adventure 40, Marvel 9, Black Cat 50, Planet 5 etc probably won't show up in this thread any time soon, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't ever wind up in the thread at all.

Adam

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of Mask Comics #1 would you? Or AMF 2/2? Punch #12?
how about a KDF 20... I bet Adam has one of those lying around

Nope. I promise I'm not holding a single book back! :) Its more a question of when in the thread a book will be listed. (am I going to list a certain book tomorrow or in two weeks?) Once I raise the $$ i need the thread will be closed. And to raise the $$ i need I will have to sell between 1/3rd and 1/2 of the books I own. So by moving a book to the back of the line and listing it later, I decrease my chance of ultimately having to sell it. But until I actually raise the funds I need, sooner or later every book I own will wind up right here! (If that all made any sense) Books like my Action 2, More Fun 52, Adventure 40, Marvel 9, Black Cat 50, Planet 5 etc probably won't show up in this thread any time soon, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't ever wind up in the thread at all.

Adam

That does not make much sense at all. But......They are your books and you obviously can do what you want with them. I'm waiting to see them all, and hopefully get one. I am waiting for one I just can't resist. They are all highly desirable and I have had a hard time resisting a couple of those Spidey's, but since you have stated that the more desirable (IYO) books may come later, I am holding out to see what those may be. I would hate to buy a Spidey 3 like the one you posted, and then you post an AF 15 and I am broke.

I truly hope that you raise your needed funds, long before you sell the ones you are most attached to. You can always move those type of books you listed.

Good luck, and throw something out there I just can't resist. Like a Spidey 28 in 9.4 or better :)

Adam

I was under the impression, as interpreted from the title, that the entire collection was being sold (shrug)

Adam

Unlike everyone else in this thread who's asking which comics you're going to list next, I have a much more serious question to ask:

Which island are you buying? :insane::cool:

Shark

I think he's trying to avoid selling the entire collection if he can raise enough money before having to part with his most favorite books.

Certainly a reasonable approach. There have already been some sensational books posted.

To paraphrase that great philosopher Freewheelin' Franklin, "Comics will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no comics."

Adam

I was under the impression, as interpreted from the title, that the entire collection was being sold (shrug)

Sorry, I was exhausted this morning and rambled on a little bit w/ that post I think :)

Just to clarify, every book in my collection is currently available for sale. (Hence the thread title) However, once I raise the funds I need (about $100k) the thread stops and I hang on to whats left. Even though my entire collection is "for sale", it won't all be sold. (Just most of it)

There are some books I'm more interested in selling than others, and I'm trying to maneuver it so that, when possible, the books I wind up keeping are the books I enjoy the most. (Tec 31, Adventure 40, MMC 9, Black Cat 50, Action 2, Planet 5 etc) Although I have already deviated from this a little bit when I listed some of those high grade SA books.

But as long as I still need to raise the $$ I'll keep listing books. So at some point, one of two things will happen. Either I'll raise what I need and close the thread, or I won't raise what I need and I'll keep adding books until every book I own has been posted. Either way there is plenty more to come, as I'm still a long way from raising the $$ I need!

(I hope that clears things up a little) :)

That does not make much sense at all. But......They are your books and you obviously can do what you want with them. I'm waiting to see them all, and hopefully get one. I am waiting for one I just can't resist. They are all highly desirable and I have had a hard time resisting a couple of those Spidey's, but since you have stated that the more desirable (IYO) books may come later, I am holding out to see what those may be. I would hate to buy a Spidey 3 like the one you posted, and then you post an AF 15 and I am broke.

I truly hope that you raise your needed funds, long before you sell the ones you are most attached to. You can always move those type of books you listed.

Good luck, and throw something out there I just can't resist. Like a Spidey 28 in 9.4 or better :)

Thanks! Just so everyone knows, I didn't hold back anything when I listed the Silver age books. I do have several restored silver age comics that I will be listing on a future day, but there will be no more unrestored high grade silver age books in this thread. All of those have now already been listed :)

Sure does. Love the SA Marvel Books you have posted up. If I hadn't made the switch to GA 2 years ago, I would be having a canary right now. Despite my GA focus, the early Spidey's are still drool-worthy (worship)

The following books from this thread are still available.

Adventure 48 - $1300

All Star 3 - $2995

Planet Comics 44 CGC 9.4 $1350

Planet Comics 11 $275

Planet Comics 6 CGC 7.5 Rockford $2250

Planet Comics 46 CGC 8.5 Rockford

Amazing Spider-man 3 CGC 9.0 $6200

Amazing Spider-man 4 CGC 9.0 $5500

Incredible Hulk 5 CGC 8.5 $1995

Amazing Spider-man 8 CGC 9.2 $2200

Amazing Spider-man 9 CGC 9.0 $2250

Fantastic Four 48 CGC 9.6 $4500

Action Comics 95 CGC 9.2 Crowley $1099

Chamber of Chills #24 (#4) CGC 9.0 Northford $500

Clue Comics 5 CGC 9.4 Rockford & Clue Comics 7 CGC 9.2 Crippen $1450 for the pair

Chamber of Chills 22 (#2) CGC 8.0 Bethlehem $300

Action Comics 9 $1000

More books will be listed starting at around 8 PM tonight :)