• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

One of my favourite story's from Invincible was the Monster Girl / Robot stuff that Cory Walker was drawing when the series was in the 90's. Loved his art so much on that arc.

gotta agree with ya. that arc is so completely relevant with where the series is right now. i met up with a local today that sold me 10 Walker pages, many of which are from that arc. he's got a few others that i may pick up tomorrow including one of my Invincible grail pages. only problem is he knows i want it bad because i mentioned it in conversation. he then says, "oh, i have that page". damn.

heres another that was with the Walker pages received tonight. an Ottley beauty.

35pg17_zps7eaae87a.jpg

One of my favourite story's from Invincible was the Monster Girl / Robot stuff that Cory Walker was drawing when the series was in the 90's. Loved his art so much on that arc.

gotta agree with ya. that arc is so completely relevant with where the series is right now. i met up with a local today that sold me 10 Walker pages, many of which are from that arc. he's got a few others that i may pick up tomorrow including one of my Invincible grail pages. only problem is he knows i want it bad because i mentioned it in conversation. he then says, "oh, i have that page". damn.

heres another that was with the Walker pages received tonight. an Ottley beauty.

Haha, I wish I had someone local to meet up with to buy pages from :P Can't wait to see all the stuff you grabbed. Love Space Racer's design! Let me know if he has any pages for sale that you don't want :shy:

Let me know if he has any pages for sale that you don't want :shy:

:signfunny:

Ah, needed a good laugh today.

I just got a page from issue #98, pencils. The paper stock, gotta be honest, I am not a fan of. I tweeted Ryan when the page showed up and asked about it. He had to switch paper because the old stuff (that I like) wouldn't feed through his printer. Last I heard he had a stack of close to 80 pages at Heroes.

I finally bought my 1st OA.

It was a page from Invincible 45 with Allen fighting Anissa.

Dream come true for me as I love both characters.

Definitely not as cool or detailed as most of the stuff on here though.

FYI, I agree with the board differences. The older stuff is MUCH nicer than the newer stuff. He also mentioned that the older stuff was by hand whereas the majority of the newer stuff was by PC (if I recall that correctly).

Patrick

FYI, I agree with the board differences. The older stuff is MUCH nicer than the newer stuff. He also mentioned that the older stuff was by hand whereas the majority of the newer stuff was by PC (if I recall that correctly).

Patrick

Patrick, welcome to the OA club. congrats! soon you'll find you're searching for a 2nd page, then a 3rd and so on. those pages with Anissa sure shot up real quick in price/value, hope you didn't get waxed. she's one of my favorites as well. i think the initial layouts (blue lines) are being done on a digital device.

on a side note, today completed a transaction that left me with 17 new Invincible OA pages. yesterdays batch was 10 Walker pages and 1 Ottley. today i added almost the rest of the guys collection, 5 more Walker pages and a beautiful Ottley page. he kept a splash from the Viltrumite war, it was sweet, but, what i was offering and what he wanted (coincidentally what he paid) were just too far apart. it was super nice to not only meet a friendly fellow collector looking to unload his Invincible pages, but, he was also only a 30 minute drive away. A+.

heres one of my grail pages. was in the lot.

Invincible #95 page 14 by Cory Walker (the conception of Monax)

95pg14_zps8aa4de71.jpg

Edited by simplyrob

Patrick

Ottley does Cintiq layouts, prints them blue line and then does the rest on the page by hand. PC is just to do the layout stage.

WOOT!

AAE79EDA-A508-4FE9-BC96-6AD60DD004C4-17853-0000131CE2150091.jpg

Whoa! That's her 1st appearance, right? Impressive. She's on this Viltrumite war page I scored yesterday. I bought it sight/issue/page unseen, so, it was a brilliant surprise!