• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I run the Invincible social media for Skybound.

www.facebook.com/invincibleuniverse

Do you actually work for them? You made it sound like you randomly decided to open a Facebook page for Invincible and they liked it. I didn't know you physically worked for the company though…

I am not employed by them, but it's the official page. Their employees work on it too. I do occasionally work for Ryan Ottley at conventions and man his table for him. (If you look at the uncropped version of his Facebook profile picture, I'm next to him wearing a Viltrumite T Shirt) Skybound takes care of me with books and merchandise.

I'm also the random name moderator that no one knows at all on the Image Comics Forums. I had been doing that for a year for them and they saw the Facebook page so made it official.

Skybound does occasional giveaways through the Facebook page as well. I would have done it as a fan page either way, but getting official blessing helped.

Edited by Invincifans

Honestly Ryan doesn't take any sort of advance list for sketches. He usually books up within the first hour of a show. He has been taking on a few more at shows I am at since I can work with people while he draws to save him time of drawing and selling.

Honestly Ryan doesn't take any sort of advance list for sketches. He usually books up within the first hour of a show. He has been taking on a few more at shows I am at since I can work with people while he draws to save him time of drawing and selling.

I've heard at some shows, that list is almost full by the time the doors open. dealers fill up the spots. been seeing that happen with a lot of artists the last few years. i think there was even some beef at Heroes where a guy rented a table just so he could get in and get on all those lists before the reg paying attendees entered the con. thats shady. i hope to make the list in SLC.

I've heard at some shows, that list is almost full by the time the doors open. dealers fill up the spots. been seeing that happen with a lot of artists the last few years. i think there was even some beef at Heroes where a guy rented a table just so he could get in and get on all those lists before the reg paying attendees entered the con. thats shady. i hope to make the list in SLC.

My friend was at Heroes and he was able to get two quick sketches. If I can't get a sketch next year I'll settle for an OA piece.

Wow, that is pretty shady to just get a table :haha:

The only way I could see an artist get around this would be to have a random draw. Everyone put's there name in by a certain time and he picks a few names out. Tony Moore does something similar where he asks people to come with their idea's and he picks the ones he wants to draw. I think he also has an auction for a guaranteed spot so if you got the $$$ you can get a sketch.

Your best bet is probably trying to catch him at a a lesser known convention or buying some OA but even that's become difficult now. I hope he eventually get's his stuff back up for sale.

Your best bet is probably trying to catch him at a a lesser known convention or buying some OA but even that's become difficult now. I hope he eventually get's his stuff back up for sale.

Why did he pull his OA off of splashart's website? Does anyone know?

A quest for the original art fans...

Does anyone know what issues have:

Ottley pencils only

Ottley inks over pencils

Rathburn inks over Ottley pencils (not blue lines)

Thanks!

mathew

I don't know for certain but the art didn't seem to be moving. At least not the covers.

Whatever the reason it seems to have created demand. I've never seen the interest in Ottley OA so high.

I got a cover long ago and am glad I did when I had the chance.

Edited by Citizenvain

People always want what they can't have I suppose. I wouldn't be surprised if when it comes back the prices aren't as cheap as it was before.

The covers were not cheap but I felt the price was fair. Maybe there is some new's coming and he didn't want to sell his stuff too cheap :shy:

Oh well, who knows, I just hope it comes back. I'm not a huge fan of just penciled pages. I'd hope they do something similar to what they do with the WD pages and pair the pencils + ink'd pages together. Does Cliff still do the ink's on blueline?

Here, here!

Here, here!

I said A cover not 80% of them lol

Here, here!

I said A cover not 80% of them lol

yeah! :blahblah:

i remember seeing some covers for $2k plus on SplashPage. I've never seen any Invincible OA sell for close to that. out of my humble covers, most i paid was $1k and that wasn't even Ottley, it was the Giarrusso variant for #98. i chased that cover for like 2 years. as soon as i heard Chris was doing a variant for #98, i emailed him asking about the original art. it was available for $1k. at the time, that was way more than i could afford and had to pass. well, it sold like the next day and there it went, across the ocean into a collection for +/- 2 years. popped up a few months back due to a need of funds and finally scored it for the same price.

this badboy arrived today. from a friend of a friend of a friend kinda thing. no idea.

Invincible #45 page 02

45pg2_zpsb635dd6c.jpg

Edited by simplyrob