• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Current Bid: $25,500
Number Of Bids: 83 history.gif

Add to WantList  [Sell One Of These]

00014702399000081127258003_TH.jpg

Type of Holder: Modern
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Page Quality: White Pages
Census Rank: Highest Graded!
Census Highlight: HIGHEST GRADED, 1 OF 3
End Date: 12/8/2021 9:20:20 PM

On 12/9/2021 at 5:08 AM, Pitboss said:

Current Bid: $25,500
Number Of Bids: 83 history.gif

Add to WantList  [Sell One Of These]

00014702399000081127258003_TH.jpg

Type of Holder: Modern
Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Page Quality: White Pages
Census Rank: Highest Graded!
Census Highlight: HIGHEST GRADED, 1 OF 3
End Date: 12/8/2021 9:20:20 PM

Holy Mackerel :whatthe:.  Funny, the centering isn't quite 100%, which I suppose I'd expect from anything over a 9.8.  Still an incredible book.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:46 PM, Skunkboy said:

Holy Mackerel :whatthe:.  Funny, the centering isn't quite 100%, which I suppose I'd expect from anything over a 9.8.  Still an incredible book.

I don't think staples or how well the centering is on a mint or gem. I think it has to do with how well the front and back covers are cut during manufacturing hm, I could be wrong. The C-Link ASM 361 9.9 on the home page is miss wrapped to the bottom with a white stripe, so .... (shrug)

On 12/9/2021 at 7:22 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Coming to heritage auctions in January :whatthe:

2A72BAAD-EB22-4178-9E21-48BD5FD357D8.jpeg

Amazing!  What do folks think this will sell for?  Also, I wasn't aware that Ed Hannigan was involved in the creation of this cover, does anyone know about that? 

On 12/9/2021 at 10:22 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Coming to heritage auctions in January :whatthe:

2A72BAAD-EB22-4178-9E21-48BD5FD357D8.jpeg

Anybody else note that that book came out in March 1984 and in the upc box of this cover page its signed for '88?  How would that affect it since its not original and signed?

Edited by whisp

On 12/12/2021 at 7:12 AM, whisp said:

Anybody else note that that book came out in March 1984 and in the upc box of this cover page its signed for '88?  How would that affect it since its not original and signed?

I don’t think the signature affects it at all, if the buyer wanted to get it Authenticated I am sure it’s genuine. I don’t think someone would destroy OA on a fake signature. He probably attended SD comic con in 88, I am sure Ed was an attendee.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I don’t think the signature affects it at all, if the buyer wanted to get it Authenticated I am sure it’s genuine. I don’t think someone would destroy OA on a fake signature. He probably attended SD comic con in 88, I am sure Ed was an attendee.

Not worried if authentic or not.  Just that it was a page that was made in 84 and then the artist signed in 88 which to me makes it not in its original state.  In my mind would prefer without signature so that it was 100% original.

If it was signed in 84 with that date I think would have been better since the years coincide and not separate.  Just my personal opinion on it.

On 12/13/2021 at 8:15 AM, whisp said:

Not worried if authentic or not.  Just that it was a page that was made in 84 and then the artist signed in 88 which to me makes it not in its original state.  In my mind would prefer without signature so that it was 100% original.

If it was signed in 84 with that date I think would have been better since the years coincide and not separate.  Just my personal opinion on it.

At least the 88 we know when it was signed. It does bug me slightly, but it being OA, I would be down to buy it anyway :headbang:

On 12/13/2021 at 11:15 AM, whisp said:

Rather common in art. Meaningless to an original art-collector. Those who collect OCA are generally far less fussy than Comic Collectors. With One-of-kind Items the paradigms of stuff like condition is nearly always overlooked.

On the rare occasion I've have art signed, I always say please do not add a date.

My wild guess on the #21 cover is $60K-$80K

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/13/2021 at 1:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

Rather common in art. Meaningless to an original art-collector. Those who collect OCA are generally far less fussy than Comic Collectors. With One-of-kind Items the paradigms of stuff like condition is nearly always overlooked.

On the rare occasion I've have art signed, I always say please do not add a date.

My wild guess on the #21 cover is $60K-$80K

Quarter million.

I wish I could remember what happened to my old G.I. Joe comics. I have some left over. But I had a good run starting at the second print of #2.

I still have to go through all the old covers. I know I stopped collecting when the series got kind of crazy and Cobra Commander got that silver armor.