• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

how does one tell the difference between first,second and third prints? especially the first 60 issues. thanks

It was discussed in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1045089

My understanding is white spidey face up to #22 and then at #23 went to black spidey face until #68 for the first editions.

Edited by Whisp

how does one tell the difference between first,second and third prints? especially the first 60 issues. thanks

It was discussed in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1045089

My understanding is white spidey face up to #22 and then at #23 went to black spidey face until #68 for the first editions.

thanks. one of the more confusing reprinted books.

I almost forgot: for issues #25-27, has anybody ever seen any copies that do not have the black spidey UPC? I'm beginning to think even the newsstand bar code UPC didn't exist for these three.

yes, the UPC bar code exists for these. If you go to Mile High Comics web site, you can see them (thumbs u

I almost forgot: for issues #25-27, has anybody ever seen any copies that do not have the black spidey UPC? I'm beginning to think even the newsstand bar code UPC didn't exist for these three.

gi26.jpg

gi27.jpg

I think those are 2nd prints or Canada variants. The 1st Print US ones should be .60.

yes, the UPC bar code exists for these. If you go to Mile High Comics web site, you can see them (thumbs u

Thanks. I am having a real hard time finding these. NM copies at that. Looks like this 3 issue run will be the toughest part of my project to complete.

Yeah, people out there are picking the raw issues clean. Makes it really tough right now. I'm hoping I will make a lot of headway at the Cactus Con in January before I send in some big submissions trying to get more graded NM-up copies into circulation.

I finally completed the last 20 issues of the original series in CGC 9.6/9.8....woo hoo! :acclaim:

That can't be an easy task lately. What venues did you use to get this accomplished?

My more productive venue was......$$$$

lol

No, I meant WHERE. :makepoint: