• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Bob, those are most likely 2nd prints, if not 3rd. Unless they are 9.8 quality AND you keep the bag sealed, not much value there. Hope this helps (thumbs u

Thanks Brad, it does help. From my experience, most books in these packs are not 9.8's. With no backing board and all the free float room they are usually 9.2ish

with White pages.

How are you. Do you remember me ?

Yeah, people out there are picking the raw issues clean. Makes it really tough right now. I'm hoping I will make a lot of headway at the Cactus Con in January before I send in some big submissions trying to get more graded NM-up copies into circulation.

I finally completed the last 20 issues of the original series in CGC 9.6/9.8....woo hoo! :acclaim:

That can't be an easy task lately. What venues did you use to get this accomplished?

My more productive venue was......$$$$

lol

No, I meant WHERE. :makepoint:

Bought a NM run off of ebay for $450. Have about 50 9.6/9.8 candidates heading to CGC this week.

To be honest, ebay is still the best place foe certified Joes, you just have to bid appropriately. I've literally seen the same Joe issue (with the same certified grade) go for double what it did just a week prior on ebay, so timing and patience are key.

Hey Bomber-Bob, that is the exact same 5 pack I opened about a month ago when sending in my last submissiong. The best comic was about a 9.4, the rest are around 9.0, keep it sealed.

Sadly, I believe Gary Dolgoff has about 5 long-boxes of these, he used to have them up on ebay weekly (which is where I purchased mine I believe years ago).

By the way, all 2nd prints.

Jay

Hey Bomber-Bob, that is the exact same 5 pack I opened about a month ago when sending in my last submissiong. The best comic was about a 9.4, the rest are around 9.0, keep it sealed.

Sadly, I believe Gary Dolgoff has about 5 long-boxes of these, he used to have them up on ebay weekly (which is where I purchased mine I believe years ago).

By the way, all 2nd prints.

Jay

Thanks Frank, sounds like good advice.

Yeah, people out there are picking the raw issues clean. Makes it really tough right now. I'm hoping I will make a lot of headway at the Cactus Con in January before I send in some big submissions trying to get more graded NM-up copies into circulation.

I finally completed the last 20 issues of the original series in CGC 9.6/9.8....woo hoo! :acclaim:

That can't be an easy task lately. What venues did you use to get this accomplished?

My more productive venue was......$$$$

lol

No, I meant WHERE. :makepoint:

Bought a NM run off of ebay for $450. Have about 50 9.6/9.8 candidates heading to CGC this week.

To be honest, ebay is still the best place foe certified Joes, you just have to bid appropriately. I've literally seen the same Joe issue (with the same certified grade) go for double what it did just a week prior on ebay, so timing and patience are key.

I've been working eBay, too since no certified copies (besides #1) ever show up here and rarely on any websites.

Are you going to be selling any of those books once you get them back from CGC? If so, please let me know when and where. I'm about a fourth of the way through my project, so obviously I've got a ways to go.

I think people are underestimating the popularity of GI JOE in the comics community.I compare the Hama run with the early Lee and Ditko Spideys, don`t be surprised if GI Joe comics go up in value over the next year.

They've been selling pretty briskly, and for strong prices, in the Marketplace.

I have about two duplicate runs that I'll be selling off at some point. Some will go to feebay, some the marketplace.

I think that people really love their 'joes,but wont admit it due to scrutiny. It is not x-men or FF but man the stories and art work can not be denied as being some of the best. When I started collecting comics it was for cover art alone,when 'Joe came out I was hooked day one. Later I rediscovered the books when I started to read them. The stories are great and they are unappreciated in my book. 2c

I think people are underestimating the popularity of GI JOE in the comics community.I compare the Hama run with the early Lee and Ditko Spideys, don`t be surprised if GI Joe comics go up in value over the next year.

They've been selling pretty briskly, and for strong prices, in the Marketplace.

I have about two duplicate runs that I'll be selling off at some point. Some will go to feebay, some the marketplace.

If/when you do sell them off, will you sell the entire run complete or piece meal the run (hoping for #'s 145-155... :wishluck:)

Brian

I think there are a TON of closet Joe fans. Whip out a #21 for sale with fairly reasonable pricing and everybody runs as fast as they can to the :takeit: sign. I've never seen one last longer than 30 minutes here.

If the movie bombs, expect all those fans to stay in the closet while caressing the books hoping for a remake or until the title gets the full credit it deserves as one of the best 80's books.

I could really careless about the movie I think it's gonna suck big time, I'lm just hoping it will force the cartoon to be reissued on DVD. :wishluck:

Steve Summers( the director of Gi joe) 3 Mummy movies made more money then the 3 X-men movies combined.

It will outgross the first x-men movie.There are more GI JOE fans then X-men fans.

They have 3 gi joe movies planned. This is were Snake Eyes gets his due.

I see GI JOE 1 as a key. YO JOE!

I think GI Joe is one of those movies that could be really good or really bad. It has huge potential and a strong fan base so the initial ticket sales should be huge. I guess the quality of the movie will be the determining factor on late second sales, DVDs and if it gets old fans collecting again.

I hope the movie is great however I hope it don't drive up the comic prices too much as I am no where near finished my run haha.

Steve Summers( the director of Gi joe) 3 Mummy movies made more money then the 3 X-men movies combined.

It will outgross the first x-men movie.There are more GI JOE fans then X-men fans.

They have 3 gi joe movies planned. This is were Snake Eyes gets his due.

I see GI JOE 1 as a key. YO JOE!

There're 3 planned? Can I read about this somewhere? That's pretty good news if the studio is committed to all 3. Makes for possibly more thought spent on how to do these very well.

I could really careless about the movie I think it's gonna suck big time, I'lm just hoping it will force the cartoon to be reissued on DVD. :wishluck:

Let me get this straight....... there are MORE Joe fans than X-Men fans?!?!?!?!?!? doh!

Look at the sales figures from the mid 80's until '94 when Joe got shelved..... Uncanny X-men ALWAYS beat G.I. Joe

That must be why the original Marvel Joe series got shelved..... because there were more Joe fans than X-Men fans :tonofbricks:

Listen, I love G.I. Joe as much as anyone :insane: but there is no way in Cobra-La :whistle: there are more Joe fans :makepoint:

I fear the G.I. Joe movie is going to be like Episode 1....... with all the build-up and hype, there will probably be no way in hell that it can live up to expectations :flamed:

I hope for a good movie, but once again Hollywood will probably find a way to clusterspoon it :sorry: