• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

mighty imPRESSive how these books have started appearing

Any way to know if they've undergone the pressing machine??? CGC not have a way to ID those?? (I collect them but I'm still new at understanding all the details of the hobby...)

I find it hilarious that people are still willing to pay over $1,500 for one.

I've only seen 1 go under $2000.00 this year... lot's of interest I guess...

it also helps that most people don't realize just how many 9.8s are coming out of the woodworks right now hm

Remember that one guy on here who swore that GI Joe 21 was THE only copper age book worth owning. And stressed how difficult it is to get a 9.8?

Remember that one guy on here who swore that GI Joe 21 was THE only copper age book worth owning. And stressed how difficult it is to get a 9.8?

I would say GI JOE #1 will eventually catch #21, I always thought the first appearance of Snake-Eyes was more important than Storm Shadow`s first appearance.I guess the majority of people think Storm Shadow is cooler than Snake-Eyes, don`t get me wrong I like Storm Shadow but I think Snake-Eyes is cooler.

Any thoughts on why #21 is hotter than #1?

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK

Was that Vixen or something like that? If it was then he was a she lol

I remember her offering big $$ for a 9.8 #21. However there wasn't any graded that high back then.

I would say GI JOE #1 will eventually catch #21, I always thought the first appearance of Snake-Eyes was more important than Storm Shadow`s first appearance.I guess the majority of people think Storm Shadow is cooler than Snake-Eyes, don`t get me wrong I like Storm Shadow but I think Snake-Eyes is cooler.

Any thoughts on why #21 is hotter than #1?

When #1 came out it was sold EVERYWHERE. Direct market locations and newstand. There were TV ads for the early books and awareness was high. Also, it was selling for high $$ from early on, so it was heavily collected and preserved.

Conversely, #21 only had a place in the hearts of those who read it. It didn't see an increase in value for almost 15 years. So that dark cover was not well-protected by those who held onto it. Plus, #21 had three printings. There wasn't much interest in figuring out how to tell them apart, so this sometimes gave a false impression of high supply.

I'm sure that I'm missing some details in there.

Conversely, #21 only had a place in the hearts of those who read it.

Fans "read" issue #21? The silent issue? :baiting:

Just kidding you. Your logic makes a lot of sense.

I get your humor, but seriously, fans have had to defend this issue on several occasions. Larry Hama crafted a classic with this issue. While the fact that this is Storm Shadow's 1st app registers wih most collectors, this is also the first real "ninja Snake Eyes." He did a couple of tricks earlier in the series, but when he takes on SS's helpers, you have to "read" the poses, expressions and subtle clues that pay off later when you read the Snake Eyes origin issues.

Yes I "read" my original newstand issue cover to cover so many times that it is now a VG.

Hey Guys,

Just got these in.

G.I. Joe #135 "Highest Tied with 4"

COMCS7JUL09009.jpg

G.I. Joe #151 "Highest Tied with 4 and Very Low Print Run"

COMCS7JUL09005.jpg

For Sale? How much for the #135???

Edited by abner419

fans have had to defend this issue on several occasions. Larry Hama crafted a classic with this issue.

I totally agree with you on this book. It was a great concept to have a "silent issue," and the artwork really carried the story well since there was no talking.

If someone gave me one as a Christmas gift, I sure wouldn't be upset. But I wouldn't spend the extreme money that is going around for 9.8 copies.

Hey all. I have a few #1 9.8's for sale in the modern sales board. $199 each for anyone here. They were just graded today so they will prolly ship in about a week. First 4 to post I'll take it in my thread get free shipping.

I was cleaning up my collection today, rebagging and cataloging in a new software I just got, and I realized that one of my copies of GI Joe 63 has the word classic under the logo. I had never noticed that and couldn't really find anything about it. Anyone know anything about it?

I was cleaning up my collection today, rebagging and cataloging in a new software I just got, and I realized that one of my copies of GI Joe 63 has the word classic under the logo. I had never noticed that and couldn't really find anything about it. Anyone know anything about it?

That is a rare 3rd print variant. They are actually had to find, especially in good shape. On occasion you'll see one on E-Bay in fine to good condition that will sell for $20.00 or so. Also called to SO MUCH FUN Variant. The only SO MUCH FUN Varient in the Joe run.

According to YoJoe.com comic section it is the rariest of the Marvel GI Joe run: http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/

Edited by abner419