• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

There was a huge UK run back in the 1980`s and what was interesting was a lot of stuff they published in them has never been reprinted here in the US, you might want to check some of those UK comics out.

I don't know if you are talking about these but they have just started to reprint some of the original Action Force comics (colorized even - they were originally in b&w).

http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/bafcoloring/

I originally posted this in the wrong forum. There are two different price fonts.

2joe2s.jpg

Both have the same comics in the pack, and both have the Black Spider-Man UPC.

Does anyone else have either version? Is one more rare? Is it just a typo?

What do you think?

I originally posted this in the wrong forum. There are two different price fonts.

2joe2s.jpg

Both have the same comics in the pack, and both have the Black Spider-Man UPC.

Does anyone else have either version? Is one more rare? Is it just a typo?

What do you think?

They are both reprints that are as common as dirt....I've seen longboxes full of the 2, 26, & 27 Multi-packs.....honestly, not worth much at all.

They are both reprints that are as common as dirt....I've seen longboxes full of the 2, 26, & 27 Multi-packs.....honestly, not worth much at all.

I am not a speculator. I dont care about commonality of the three pack, or their worth. It was just something I noticed while putting them away. My comment was specifically directed at the different font on the 75 cent price.

So in the longboxes of this three pack that you have seen, did they have one font or the other, or was there an even combination of the two?

Ok - first remind me again how to attach a link in here.....????

HERE

Second - $600.00 for these 3, really? I've paid more per comic true, but these? I got all 3 of these through a trade I made with a 'Joe collector friend of mine in Canada... He'd probably have a heart attack if he saw these (and they sold).

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1985-GI-JOE-CEREAL-MINI-COMICS-1-3-SET-NM-PROMO_W0QQitemZ120530259534QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c1029ce4e

Edited by abner419

It's not Copper age Joe but I figured this is a good thread for it. I picked up the back cove rot GI Joe 17 from the Image series. I really wanted a Destro piece as he is my favorite character. I never really found any pieces I liked with him. Most of the pen and ink stuff was weak and if any of the Zeck covers ever hit the market I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 5 figures. When I saw this I snatched it up as I love painted pieces. I'll get it back from being framed next weekend.

Destro10.jpg

I'm not sure what the print run was on either, but if my memory serves me correct, the one with the larger 75 Cent price was the initial print run that was brokered by American Comics and Sunrise Comics. Again, if my memory serves me right, there was such outrage that Marvel had reprinted that book that they reprinted it again to meet the demand of the other retailers. So, the smaller priced version may actually be a 3rd printing? Those books represent an interesting snapshot in time in the mid-80's when certain books were being priced up immediately after coming out.

I am not a speculator. I dont care about commonality of the three pack, or their worth. It was just something I noticed while putting them away. My comment was specifically directed at the different font on the 75 cent price.

So in the longboxes of this three pack that you have seen, did they have one font or the other, or was there an even combination of the two?