• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Anybody have an opinion on these CGC Subsription Services that will purchase comics you want, get them CGC graded, and sell them to you for a set price? The price is set for 9.8's but if they come in higher they sell those to you at a higher price... Pro's /Con's??

Thanks in advance for your opinion!

James

Edited by abner419

I just picked up this lunchbox. It is from 1986 and is the Canadian version made by York Thermal-Vac. It is missing the thermos. The artwork was originally used in a catalogue but for the lunchbox they added Sgt. Slaughter and his vehicle. The sticker for the picture is in pretty good shape and I have been cleaning the dirt off of it. Other then regular use scratches it's in pretty good condition. Payed $5 cdn for it and think I will use it to store stuff in it then I will put it in a box for 30 years.

80119.jpg.b528116bcbdf76be1ec7675e63664775.jpg

I finally got me a GI Joe #21 CGC 9.8!!!! Yeah!!!!!

(ok - I was going to post a scan but I'm apparently not technically smart enough - you've all seen one before I guess!)

Today I do the happy dance!!!

I know you guys don't care but the happy dance continues into today!!!! :banana:

What's the story behind the G.I. Joe Special (McFarlane cover/art)? Was it a one shot deal and was the print run relatively low compared to the regular G.I. Joe run?

What's the story behind the G.I. Joe Special (McFarlane cover/art)? Was it a one shot deal and was the print run relatively low compared to the regular G.I. Joe run?

Yeah, but the high prices realized over the last few years have brought quite a few out of the woodwork.

(ok - I was going to post a scan but I'm apparently not technically smart enough - you've all seen one before I guess!)

I know you guys don't care but the happy dance continues into today!!!! :banana:

Congrats buddy. Though that means your registry set is outpacing mine by an even larger margin with that acquisition. Oh well, guess I'll just have to settle for second best (if and when I ever bother to post my set).

Congrats buddy. Though that means your registry set is outpacing mine by an even larger margin with that acquisition. Oh well, guess I'll just have to settle for second best (if and when I ever bother to post my set).

POST THEM, POST THEM, POST THEM!!!!

POST THEM, POST THEM, POST THEM!!!!

At some point, perhaps. I think I'm right around 9000 points, and that's without any of the books from a recent submission.

Is that #21 one of the one you bought on the boards awhile back?

Yep, sure is. It's the only one I own...don't remember what it was graded as on the boards... (shrug)

mighty imPRESSive how these books have started appearing

mighty imPRESSive how these books have started appearing

QFT