• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Looks great, who's the artist? I've had a few ideas for Joe commissions but I've never followed through as I haven't found an artist doing commissions that's got GI Joe samples (so I know I'll get something I'm looking for). I do have an Atkins cover on the way, but now looking for something in multiple character 11x17.

His name is John Jett. I met him on the IDW Boards where he was sharing some of his 'Joe art.

How's this for timing!!! He just e-mailed me a pic of the final product:

lrrp_colors_72_final_rgb_zps9ece7a81.jpg

I AM THRILLED!!!!

Awesome! Congrats. :applause: I would love to see a mini-series on Stalker. I like how the artist really captured each character's personality in this piece. (thumbs u

Thanks!! (thumbs u

The Best of the Best sketch cover competition is underway again, and this comic is up for best G.I. Joe sketch.

If you guys are interested in voting and checking out the sketches here is the link: Best of the Best Sketches: G.I. Joe Edition

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Don't forget to vote in the finals of the BOTB G.I. Joe cover.

It's Robert Atkins vs. Robert Atkins now. Snake-Eyes vs. Firefly.

Don't get me wrong, both are awesome; however, mine has "G.I. Joe" on the title and written by "Larry Hama" if you like both and need a tie breaker.... ;)

Well Joe fans looks like Hama might be pulling the trigger... This is the March solicit for ARAH:

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #212—The Death of Snake Eyes: Part 1

Larry Hama (w) • S L Gallant (a & c)

G.I. JOE faces a force unlike anything they've ever encountered before... and the only way to control it is by reviving Serpentor, the Cobra Emperor himself! But bringing him backs sets into motion drastic events that lead to the death of the original Ninja Commando! The Death of Snake Eyes begins here in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #212!

Hama even hyped the story on his Facebook page which is something he never does; should be interesting.

Let me guess. It will be a skrull that actually died, wait wait its a snake eyes clone, wait wait it was zartan actually, oh wait wait it was a B.A.T. dressed as snake eyes. Oh wait maybe it was a Fred dressed as snake eyes.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!

So I have a stupid question...where does the story line for that series of ARAH that you mentioned pick up Silent Master? Its just that I am trying to read as much continuous GI Joe as possible and I want to make sure I do not miss anything. :makepoint: I mean duh what series of back issues should I buy to get me there? (shrug) Thanks!

So I have a stupid question...where does the story line for that series of ARAH that you mentioned pick up Silent Master? Its just that I am trying to read as much continuous GI Joe as possible and I want to make sure I do not miss anything. :makepoint: I mean duh what series of back issues should I buy to get me there? (shrug) Thanks!

H0RR0RSH0W - I'd have to do some looking I am WAY behind in my reading. I am one of those guys that gets very frustrated reading 1 comic a month so I generally way for the trades then once I have 3 or 4 trades stacked up I have a day where I just read it all back to back! lol

Sold some Star Wars and some loose GI Joe today and the guy ended up giving me these. 1 book had crayon just on the back cover inside for some reason but both books none of the pages are coloured.

Thought it was a neat find for my personal collection.

152215.jpg.1cb68dfd19db25762e7b8b216da02441.jpg

I have shown these two books off elsewhere on the boards here however I thought maybe some of the other GI Joe fans might be interested to see them as well.

These were actually a jewel in my collection just because I remember growing up and having older family members tell me that GI Joe had been around for a long time.It would confuse me so I would ask what they meant and well.... this is part of what they were talking about.

2cqi7o7.jpg

2e31wyd.jpg

I have had these a couple of months and have no intent of getting rid of them. I realize its not by Larry Hama but its still really cool!

I have shown these two books off elsewhere on the boards here however I thought maybe some of the other GI Joe fans might be interested to see them as well.

These were actually a jewel in my collection just because I remember growing up and having older family members tell me that GI Joe had been around for a long time.It would confuse me so I would ask what they meant and well.... this is part of what they were talking about.

2cqi7o7.jpg

2e31wyd.jpg

I have had these a couple of months and have no intent of getting rid of them. I realize its not by Larry Hama but its still really cool!

I love those 2 books you have. The were tough to hunt down in high grade for my registry set. Thanks for sharing them.