• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

hm

good question... not real sure... Those are so rare and I do not recall ever seeing a graded copy at all.

But much more than a dollar! :)

PS - I'd give you $125 easy but other people might offer more

Edited by Silent Master

You know I read this originally off the shelf when it came out and I enjoyed the whole Serpentor storyline - I thought they (Hama) could have done a lot more with this character, especially with Storm Shadow's DNA mixed in there.

I think this comic was the beginning of the end of the series peak. Hama could have done more but from what I have heard in interviews and such; his hands were tied because he was being steered from pressure by Hasbro. This ultimately curtailed his creative genius.

This is the point in the series when it started to get "sci-fi" but some very solid writing continued for a couple more years.

I agree on how Serpentor could have been a better used character. (thumbs u

I also agree on how the series reached a peak near here. I think I stayed until the Cobra Island story, then went back when issue 100 hit.

Meanwhile, here's something NO OTHER GI Joe collector has. Signed by Hama and by legendary war artist Russ Heath. :o:acclaim: This was the only Joe book Russ signed several years back at a con. I'll get Zeck later this year. ;)

<a  href=031_zpsa0e4470e.jpg' alt='031_zpsa0e4470

I could have sworn there were a couple of issues where Larry Hama didn't write the story. hm Where's silent master? He would know this! :gossip:

In the meantime, I'm collecting all the Silent Issues. Here's the two I got signed with this bunch.

;) Both 9.8 grade.

<a  href=020_zps6d605385.jpg' alt='020_zps6d60538