• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

Here are scans of the front and back. Back is a little soiled with a chip out of the bottom edge. Looks to have retained little gloss as well. I've added a scan of the front as well. Your informed comments are interesting to me. I'm a long time collector with a decent sized collection, though this is the only slabbed comic I own, in part I suppose because most of my buying occurred before CGC. Thanks for the comments!

ASM1back001_zps570384e8.jpg

ASM1front002_zpsf29d566c.jpg

Yeah, the bottom of the back cover brings it down in grade, but still this could have just as easily have graded at 4.0. I've seen 4.5s that don't look this good.

Scan through the Heritage Auction archives and look at ASM 1s in the 3.5 - 4.5 range and you will see that yours is one of the better 3.5s

Back cover is nice and the spine is really clean for this grade. I will add that I bought the book slabbed, so never had a chance to inspect it outside of its holder. I think the main culprit must be the right edge, which has some pretty good chipping going on. In truth, I'm not well enough versed in CGC grading to speculate further, but the right edge is, to me, the most significant set of issues.

Chipping is treated rather leniently by cgc it won't account for the 3.5. A very nice copy! Me thinks this book is a pretty good upgrade candidate.

Thanks guys.

We all know I'm a PQ nut and I was pleasantly surprised with this gem. :o

Whadoya have the grade at?

At least 6.0 (thumbs u

You going to submit it? Very nice book.

keeping it raw to enjoy.