• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. It does present pretty well. No chipping but of course I do wish it was brighter. If I knew then what I knew now, I'd have bought an AF 15 and waited to get this one. I had a dream of getting an AF 15 in at least this grade, but that dream is loooooooooong gone now with the way that book has shot up in value.

Better late than never! I've been wanting to post this one for a while, but needed to take a pic of it. It's only a camera phone pic, sorry no scan. I got this from Showcase New England maybe 8 years ago off of ebay and it finished off my ASM run. Whadda think?

Very nice!

Good to see one of your Spideys!

I mostly get to see your burgeoning collection of LB Cole covers over at the CBR boards. (I'm killerbass over on those boards...)

Fellow Spidey collector,

Tom McKenna

I thought I was a member...

Issue would definitely benefit from a press. However, I do not want to crack and press and resubmit on this because I am afraid that if the book appears to go too hight it might get a green label since the Stan Lee signature is undocumented at this point. It has been in my registry for awhile where a blown up pic can be seen there.

1692479_DetailsThumb_Obv_zps14cfdeed.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

Better late than never! I've been wanting to post this one for a while, but needed to take a pic of it. It's only a camera phone pic, sorry no scan. I got this from Showcase New England maybe 8 years ago off of ebay and it finished off my ASM run. Whadda think?

Very nice!

Good to see one of your Spideys!

I mostly get to see your burgeoning collection of LB Cole covers over at the CBR boards. (I'm killerbass over on those boards...)

Fellow Spidey collector,

Tom McKenna

Hey Tom! Yep, I'll try to post more, as I'm doing some re-config in the comic room right now. I've got the whole run so if you're interested in a specific ish lemme know, and stay tuned!

Nice!

I'm gonna take a shot at the grade.... 2.5? 3?

very nice 3.0/3.5 trapped in 2.5 label lol

Normally, I shy away from even slight marvel chipping, but the eye appeal for the "grade" was too good

Here is my low grade membership offering. Part of the Club Now!!

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2097.jpgIMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

I was actually super close to buying this book when i saw it on Ebay! Great deal, you picked it up right before I could get it. Really nice 2.0, congrats.

I managed to pick up a copy not long after missing out on this one. Hope to post pics to get into the club very soon..

Nice!

I'm gonna take a shot at the grade.... 2.5? 3?

very nice 3.0/3.5 trapped in 2.5 label lol

Normally, I shy away from even slight marvel chipping, but the eye appeal for the "grade" was too good

Score! I'm good :acclaim:

But seriously, it's a very sharp looking 2.5.... presents real well. I'd be all over it myself. Marvel chipping doesn't actually bother me too too much, especially when it's less noticeable on a cover like this one. Great grab!

Ok so I still can't believe I own this book. I was in the market for a 1.8-2.5 range and somehow ended up with a 4.0 :insane: but couldn't be happier. Now on to issues 2-10 in CGC 4.0 and I'll have a nice little run of spideys from AF 15 thru issue 10.

securedownload_zps7235fa42.jpeg