• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what happened to Nerfs threads last night?

186 posts in this topic

For some reason I don't get offended of a pic of Hitler.

It's just a german dude who was pretty messed up, but still is famous. (Somehow)

Would you be offended if equalled to him in some form or fashion?

I think JC might get a strike. He was going after Nerf and posted iirc multiple pics of Hitler etc.

Yea. But I dont think he should get a strike. If he posted the pictures being pro-nazi I would say yes. But posting a picture and saying "this man is bad" then NO.

I don't think he should get a strike either. But I think he will.

It wasn't just a pic of a nazi. It was a pic of Hitler with the caption CGC forum member of the year or something similar to that. I saw it as nerf beging called a Nazi. Way out of line regardless of nerfs views. And IMHO just as bad as the comment from CC.

Actually what the picture said was "Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund" .

Is that what you read on the caption or your interruption of it? Either way i think you were late to the game.

I think JC might get a strike. He was going after Nerf and posted iirc multiple pics of Hitler etc.

Yea. But I dont think he should get a strike. If he posted the pictures being pro-nazi I would say yes. But posting a picture and saying "this man is bad" then NO.

It wasn't just a pic of a nazi. It was a pic of Hitler with the caption CGC forum member of the year or something similar to that. I saw it as nerf beging called a Nazi. Way out of line regardless of nerfs views. And IMHO just as bad as the comment from CC.

Is that what you read on the caption or your interruption of it? Either way i think you were late to the game.

One said CGC Forum Board Member of the year 1939 and another said Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund

It's just a german dude who was pretty messed up, but still is famous. (Somehow)

Oh My God. doh!:tonofbricks:

(shrug)

I've never once really read about him. But I do know why he is hated.

I'll shut up now...

S'all right. It's kind of important to know a wee bit about this chap as he's always getting mentioned on internet message boards, usually entirely out of context or logic

Anyway, read this, dammit.

One said CGC Forum Board Member of the year 1939 and another said Give 'em Hell Nerf, Meun Freund

I didn't see the first one. But I have a copy of the one I mentioned and quoted directly from the picture itself. I was reading that thread from the beginning to the end, went and watched a movie and came back and thread was locked so I hit the back button of my web browser and copied and pasted as much of it as I could get. A HTM version is on my ftp but pictures won't load. I also have the 3meg+ word file that does have pictures included.

I saw only the former which was enough for me. And the latter would seem to be no better.

Oh My God. doh!:tonofbricks:

He's home schooled :gossip:

Ah well, at least he's heard of him.

Hitler? Wasn't he one of the great batters in the national league?

it saddens me that in the 21st century, there are still racists, bigots and homophobics, that want to treat people like 2nd class citizens. :(:sorry:

Coming from the man that carries a user name that implies the exploitation of women :baiting:

I believe this train wreak is summed up in your statement. :foryou:

who started it?

was it just him in bad form?

It was Nerf's response/apology/reasoning to his strike from a week or so ago.

The apology wasnt viewed as such by some and debates/arguments/justifications ensued.

CC pipes in, after JC mentioned to Wally that there are homosexual members here, that he wants to know their names so he can ignore them. Something about "I'm homophobic and I dont want to deal with that mess" to paraphrase.

Hounds of Hell are released

Sometime later a pic of Hitler is posted for somereason by JC if im reading it correctly.

Lots of wailing, crying, and gnashing of teeth.

thanks, Axe.

it saddens me that in the 21st century, there are still racists, bigots and homophobics, that want to treat people like 2nd class citizens. :(:sorry:

Coming from the man that carries a user name that implies the exploitation of women :baiting:

I believe this train wreak is summed up in your statement. :foryou:

-----------------

i don't know if your comment was in jest, but your avatar is a hypocritical statement unlike my userid, which is just a userid and meant to be taken figuratively and not literally. :screwy: too bad you don't live in Austin, TX. i've visited Austin and it amazes me how much different the capital is compared to the rest of the conservative state and you're 20th century ways. you do realize that the superhero comic book genre was started by jewish americans? doh!:o again, if you're post was in jest, i sincerely apologize, but discrimination in any form, sucks.

I really just asked that CC put me on ignore. And alot of people followed suit, turned into a huge discussion about not understanding how people can still be close minded. Then religion, hitler pictures, some comment by Roy that I forget now etc.. Then it was deleted. Thank god for that.

I made comments questioning the nature of the word "homophobic" and whether honesty is a good policy. Hopefully nobody was offended by my few posts in that thread.

I don't condone bigotry but I do condone civil rights, fundamental beliefs and open discussion (without emotion mind you).

R.

how long till this thread gets deleted?
How long till these threads stop popping up?
well people seem to want to hash up the same BS....and low and behold...we have a "re-thread" of the same thing that was deleted.
I kind of figured, there are reasons why threads are deleted. (IF they really are. For all I know CGC has some super secret hidden forum away where these go to)