• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrow's Treasures

207 posts in this topic

the man is very short tempered and has no patience.he even called me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person even though i promised to apologize.he overcharged me on a book 3x times its worth.so DONT BUY FROM RICHARD MUCHIN.

Nice 3rd post. The dealer's to blame because you overpaid for a book?

Even taking out charging 3x the value, we still have short-tempered and insulting as reasons to avoid Mr. Muchin. Two out of three ain't bad.

the man is very short tempered and has no patience.he even called me a insufficiently_thoughtful_person even though i promised to apologize.he overcharged me on a book 3x times its worth.so DONT BUY FROM RICHARD MUCHIN.

Nice 3rd post. The dealer's to blame because you overpaid for a book?

:eek:

One of the coolest things I have ever seen at a show was Rich sitting with his little boy in his lap at Pittsburgh Comicon reading a GA Superman comic the way people used to read books,opened all the way up at the spine with the front cover touching the back cover, flipping pages like a newspaper.

...and then the kid folded the book in half, stuck it in his back pocket and went off to shoot marbles with his friends.

..with an ice cream dripping in his hand :grin:

i insult ritchie all the time. and insults me. part of the comic collecting thing. and i will say he is as honest as the day is long. or longer.

so are his speeches.

I agree. Richie is a friend and someone I respect

well,you go deal with him.i tried to apologize and he wouldnt accept my e-mail and doesn't want to hear from me on phone,internet or convention.good business is good repor with customers.he became hostile at first with no provacation from me.

It always bothers me to see people I respect speak well of people who have stolen from me.

Ah well. Human nature, I guess.

I bought a Detective #265 from Muchin, graded "Good+", with the words "cover attached" in the description. Right up my alley.

The book I received had the cover completely separated, front and back cover separated from each other, and the whole thing completely taped back to the book.

When I asked him about it, I was treated with the hostility that is typical of purposeful overgraders on eBay.

Does anyone *really* think that a book with a detached cover, back cover and front cover torn apart at the spine, and taped back together, is going to be graded a 2.5 at CGC...?

Ah well. At least it was a cheap book.

It always bothers me to see people I respect speak well of people who have stolen from me.

Ah well. Human nature, I guess.

I bought a Detective #265 from Muchin, graded "Good+", with the words "cover attached" in the description. Right up my alley.

The book I received had the cover completely separated, front and back cover separated from each other, and the whole thing completely taped back to the book.

When I asked him about it, I was treated with the hostility that is typical of purposeful overgraders on eBay.

Does anyone *really* think that a book with a detached cover, back cover and front cover torn apart at the spine, and taped back together, is going to be graded a 2.5 at CGC...?

I guess it all comes down to experiences. I've know Richie a long time and he has never been anything but fair with me. Crotchety sometimes? Hell yes. But that is true of some of the most beloved dealers in the hobby....

Actually CGC just might give it a 2.5, but that's a different story.

well there's no justification calling names

Unless maybe you slandered a guy's business and livelihood by saying he sold you a book with the wrong back cover when he didn't.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

This guys brutal and i cant stand him. I was at a show and asked to see a couple of books, it was like pulling teeth and he was extremely rude, wouldnt give me a price, and threw the book after he looked at it once again still not giving me the price. Then i asked if a AF15 he had was restored, he said yes and i told him that i just bought one also, then he began to tell me mine probably was also and i got ripped off ( it isnt restored and i have no idea why he assumed it was cause i didnt tell him anything about it). So i finally walked away before i lost it AAARRRGGGG

He remembered from last year, which centerfolds I was looking for. [/color]

Must ... Resist ... The ... Obvious ...

:hi:

I'm SURE I should be blushing, so... :makepoint: :makepoint:

In advance... :hi:

lol! You guys crack me up!