• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong printing discovered in Returned PGX Graded Book- Do I have legal options?

430 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me in 20 words or less, what this thread is all about? 5 Pages in, and I still can't connect page 5 to page 18 . . . :insane:

There's two entirely different stories in this thread.

One is about the PGX 1st print / 3rd print swap. The other story comes in later.

Thanks! :insane: 24 words . . . but I'll take it! lol

So it's a third print that says first print on the label? Or it was a 1st print and they switched it with a 3rd print? Is everyone else as confused as me?

I have to go video tape my wife making lunch...just in case the lunch meat is tainted, I want proof so I can sue everyone involved...

:signfunny: When btw, are we going to stop calling it videoTAPE? When we stop saying "dial"? lol:insane:

So it's a third print that says first print on the label? Or it was a 1st print and they switched it with a 3rd print? Is everyone else as confused as me?

I have to go video tape my wife making lunch...just in case the lunch meat is tainted, I want proof so I can sue everyone involved...

:signfunny: When btw, are we going to stop calling it videoTAPE? When we stop saying "dial"? lol:insane:

Both are perfectly fine. :sumo:

Or "Have you heard the new record by XYZ Band?"

Alot of bands still put out vinyl. I dont know why, but they do.

Well roll your window down so I can hear it.

send the book in for re-holdering hm

that should settle the issue of whether or not the book was either over-graded or if it was damaged during slabbing hm

HOLD ON.... When did the book get damaged? I thought it was switched or mislabeled or stolen or, heck I forgot what this thread was about again...... :tonofbricks:

Two topics in this thread now.

Then let's merge them.

There was discussion of whether PGX should own up to the error identified by the OP. Whether the USM 2 is not a 9.8 due to a mis-grade or from slab damage, it clearly is not as advertised. So should CGC own up to the error (mis-grade or slab damage) and buy back this book (or compensate the owner in exchange for de-slabbing) to take the error off the market?

Can someone tell me in 20 words or less, what this thread is all about? 5 Pages in, and I still can't connect page 5 to page 18 . . . :insane:

One is about the PGX 1st print / 3rd print swap. The other story comes in later.

I can't believe you took the time to count them :baiting:

I can't believe you took the time to count them :baiting:

how d'ya know he did unless you counted them as well??? :baiting:

Well roll your window down so I can hear it.

My 2001 s10 has roll-down windows... :makepoint: ...saved alot of dough by not going electric.. :cloud9:

And as long as we've created a third topic for this thread . . . :grin: Why do New Yorkers "ring off" when they hang up a telephone call??? hm

Why did Einstein call his theory Relativity when it hinged upon a cosmological constant?

And as long as we've created a third topic for this thread . . . :grin: Why do New Yorkers "ring off" when they hang up a telephone call??? hm

Why did Einstein call his theory Relativity when it hinged upon a cosmological constant?

Why are Greeks the best lovers? :popcorn:

:signfunny:

:gossip: They're not . . . (:

Because they are not afraid to admit that they love sheep? :baiting:

However, Nick is a) one of three or four raw sellers on the boards who I would say, unquestionably, grades with consistent accuracy and is generally conservative. b) Nick is one of the most honest guys I've ever met in comics. This is after meeting hundreds of collectors and dealing with almost all the major dealers. There are few I would put on Nick's level. c) Has a rep among his peers in Great Britain that I've spoken to that is second to none.

There is no way I would ever describe Nick as an "attention whore" or anything of the like.

I'll second this and say Nick is one of the best people on this Board. I've dealt with him numerous times and with Nick, you know what you're getting. One of the very few guys I'd buy a comic without a scan.

Jim

Because they are not afraid to admit that they love sheep? :baiting:

That only applies to the Canadian Greeks :baiting: