• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The David Toth Collection
1 1

278 posts in this topic

Whatever you can offer will be well received. There is huge interest in your Dad's collection in terms of its configuration, scope and range.

For SA DC collectors, last year was pretty exciting, if also a little frustrating to see all those books go into other people's collections.

It's great having contact with the source of these books. I would have paid good money just to have had the chance to see those DCs before they were sold! I am such a hopeless case...

Ok, just want to make sure I understand.

I know you all want as much info as possible. But you want me to list 30K+ comics on this board. I don’t really thinks that’s realistic. (:

I’ll start w/ what we’ve consigned already. I’ll try to be informative as possible. But even this is a long list.

I’ve got some of it ready to go and can start posting it soon. (thumbs u

i'd be happy to see a list of books thru '68. the '73 and beyond would be of secondary interest.

For SA DC collectors, last year was pretty exciting, if also a little frustrating to see all those books go into other people's collections.

True. I've found the collecting habits of certain individuals to be most distressing cough***steelcity***cough. hm

It's great having contact with the source of these books. I would have paid good money just to have had the chance to see those DCs before they were sold! I am such a hopeless case...

I'd pay good money to see your collection!

AdamStrange, hopeless case :sorry:

Here is another Toth book I got (I think I got 5 in total)

This one may well be my favorite as the book is so tough in higher grades:

jo22cgc.jpg

With all this talk about inventories, I would love to know what's left, regardless of where it goes for sale.

You can send me the file. My email address is in my profile, which you can access by clicking on my name and choosing "view profile." I'll try and get the file posted here soon after, although I'm on the East coast, and will be indisposed after 5pm today...

Ok guys, figured out how to do some programming. :makepoint:

Anyway thought I’d give you an overview of the “David N. Toth Collection” before the inventory so here it is:

Publisher Number of comics
Archie 6
Atlas 31
Charlton 7
DC 3,165
Dell 191
Gold Key 25
Harvey 9
Magazine Enterprises 8
Marvel 2,741
National Periodical Publ. 1
Stanhall 1
Williams 2
Total 6,187

This is the collection as it stands until the 83’ break. It’s as accurate as I can be right now, sometimes I find more during the inventory process. :tonofbricks:

Hopefully in the next couple days I’ll figure out how to post the breakdown of what we consigned to Heritage, it’s comprised mainly of the DC’s.

Enjoy. :grin:

By the way my dad says :hi:

Ok guys, figured out how to do some programming. :makepoint:

Anyway thought I’d give you an overview of the “David N. Toth Collection” before the inventory so here it is

Great stuff, and very helpful summary. We'll look forward to seeing the actual breakdowns. I'm guessing you might have to break it up into several posts, because I think a single post can only be so big.

Edited by tth2

I understand, I was going to do a post for each title.

I have the info in Qty.----Issue #-----Grade-----Cert. # format, in XL but like I said when I post it, it pushes it all together Lft. Justified and it's hard to make out.

I may take you up on your offer Sal as soon as I'm done, if no one else has a better idea. :grin:

Thanks for the list.

I remember being interested in the Toth Adventure Comics #271 CGC 9.4q but it is not on the list.

Thanks for catching that, I'd missed a whole CGC sub. report. Updating now. (thumbs u