• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The David Toth Collection
1 1

278 posts in this topic

Andrew, thanks for posting! :golfclap: Fantastic job. It's going to take quite a while to digest, but even a quick glance through reconfirms that this collection should have received a pedigree designation.

I think there was an Adventure 247, correct? But I don't see it in the list.

If there's a book that's listed, but no CGC grade, does that just indicate that the book has not been submitted to CGC yet?

These are only the books being consigned with Heritage, correct? Is this what has already been and also what will be consigned to them?

This is everything Heritage currently has. If it has no grade then it has not been submitted to CGC to date and probably has not been sold ( there are a few exceptions ). Glad you all like it, I'm working on the rest of it right now, should have more posted later tonight. (thumbs u

I'll look into the Adv. 247, when I was cutting and pasting sometimes I lost track of where I was. hm

I think the Adventure 247 was an 8.5 ? Very nice colors on it also.

Andrew are the books that Heritage currently has that are waiting to be submitted of the same overall quality of the books that have already come up for sale ? The missing issues in the runs I assume are still in your collection and didnt make the grade cut ?

I think the Adventure 247 was an 8.5 ? Very nice colors on it also.

Andrew are the books that Heritage currently has that are waiting to be submitted of the same overall quality of the books that have already come up for sale ? The missing issues in the runs I assume are still in your collection and didnt make the grade cut ?

I’m not quite sure about quality, they all looked good to me, lol I know many of them were submitted but didn’t get past pre-screen. So I don’t know if Heritage just set the bar to high or what. I know their working on getting some more together to sub., but w/ the Feb. auction coming up I know they have their hands full. If any are missing than it’s because my dad probably didn’t have it, :cry: we did not keep any DC’s from this part of the collection. (except his Superboy 15 cover-less) (thumbs u

Andrew, if CGC does not give your dad's collection the pedigree status it deserves, would you be ok to do it yourself? It's like certifying each book that its a Toth Pedigree or something. Our own Harry (Burntboy) does this to his collection, Sid Luncheonette.

Best if CGC grants the pedigree status though, Tim have you emailed Haspel? Maybe a call to Stevie? =)

Sorry just saw this thread and its a long read.

Brilliant stuff there, Andrew.

Sad and yet unsurprised at the lack of Doom Patrols. Why O why did I ever start with this $#*@ series? :frustrated:lol

Marc

Andrew, an incredible collection, thanks for sharing the heritage.

On a personal note, thanks for updating your registry last summer to reflect the sale of some books. I remember I had the #1 Lois Lane Registry and all of a sudden you(TrinTrek) just blew me out of the water ! Then, I get an award in the mail from CGC. You apparently deleted your books just before the deadline for the awards. A very nice gesture on your part !!!

Andrew, an incredible collection, thanks for sharing the heritage.

On a personal note, thanks for updating your registry last summer to reflect the sale of some books. I remember I had the #1 Lois Lane Registry and all of a sudden you(TrinTrek) just blew me out of the water ! Then, I get an award in the mail from CGC. You apparently deleted your books just before the deadline for the awards. A very nice gesture on your part !!!

Yes I'd read a post early on about deleting the set but keeping them in my inventory so I could track who got what. I know we were #1 on a lot of the sets but since alot had been sold by the deadline, I removed the sets, didn't want to step on any toes. Like I said earlier w/ just the first 3 JLA's we were winning that set. lol I left the ones we weren't winning up so you all could see what was in the collection. :grin:

Edited by MstrTech

Just catching up on this thread and its brilliant. What a collection of books. (worship) How about some Marvel's? :shy:

(thumbs u

The Marvels are all bronze age so I don't know how interesting it would be. But let me finish w/ the Heritage consignment and I'll get back to you. :grin:

Just catching up on this thread and its brilliant. What a collection of books. (worship) How about some Marvel's? :shy:

(thumbs u

The Marvels are all bronze age so I don't know how interesting it would be. But let me finish w/ the Heritage consignment and I'll get back to you. :grin:

Thanks!! Great collection!! (worship)

Like I said earlier w/ just the first 3 JLA's we were winning that set. lol

:mad:

Seriously, Your JLA set was mind-blowing. Too bad you had to break it up (except for the ones I got). Still waiting for an explanation from CGC as to why no Ped designation, before I rip them a new one.

Top drawer Kudos to you & your Dad. :golfclap:

Rick