• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The David Toth Collection
1 1

278 posts in this topic

Great book Hank. :applause:

Thanks for your interest. :grin:

Andrew, I believe that over time, people will wake up and realize just how hard 'DC Silvers' are in High Grade and the CGC census will reflect these facts.

In time, many of the Toth books will be the ones to own. Best Regards, Hank

Great book Hank. :applause:

Thanks for your interest. :grin:

Andrew, I believe that over time, people will wake up and realize just how hard 'DC Silvers' are in High Grade and the CGC census will reflect these facts.

In time, many of the Toth books will be the ones to own. Best Regards, Hank

:wishluck:

Quick query (don't know if it was brought up already):

Why did you start with JLA when selling? Best overall grades out of all your titles? You thought the time was right (movie speculation from last year)? Loss of personal interest? Curious. hm

Rick

Hi Rick :hi:

No rhyme or reason, we consigned all the books to Heritage at the same time. They made the decision on what to submit to CGC and what to sell first. I think they just went w/ the big money items first. hm

Definitely not loss of interest JLA was one of my dads favs. :cloud9:

:grin: (thumbs u

I have a request of the winners of any of the raw books in this weeks, or upcoming weeks, auction. Could you please either post or send me a PM ( I just need your user name) so I can keep an accurate log of the books. Also if anyone gets any slabbed or re-slabbed so I can update the Cert. #'s

Thanks in advance.

Andrew :grin: (thumbs u

:bump:

I don't even know what page this thread fell too but any-ho.

Just thought I'd update the Inventory, just got some back from CGC, they'll be in the auction ending on Apr. 19. ( the day before my b-day :applause: ) Enjoy.

By the way my dad is so excited about his March Sig. Auction purchase, we just recived everything this past weekend it was like X-mas morning :cloud9: and for now he's # 1 on the WDC&S Reg. Set ^^

Talk to ya later. :grin: (thumbs u

77156.jpg.5eec5c62926993d508dda65aedc338bf.jpg

Hey Andrew, I was surprised to see how much the grades of the books dropped after the first few batches that were listed in the first few auctions. I guess I'm starting to understand why CGC didn't give the collection pedigree status, although I still believe it may merit that just from the grades of the books from the hard-to-find late 1950s/early 1960s.

Still, the typical pattern of most collections is that the earlier books, particularly from the late 1950s/early 1960s (to the extent there are even any books from this period), are in poor condition, and then predictably show an improvement as the years pass with the best copies being from the 1965-1969 period. This is usually attributable to the owner taking better care of the books and also the growing consciousness of comic collecting and preserving books.

I'm curious why the grades of the books even from the earlier period seem to show so many different extremes, and then why the later books, when everyone else's collection starts getting better, seem to significantly drop off. Did your dad change his collecting or storage habits significantly?