• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Percent Of Your....

83 posts in this topic

...slabbed books did you submit personally as opposed to buying already slabbed?

Also, numbers would be great.

I'll start.

Out of the 400 slabs I currently own, almost 90% were submitted by me raw.

Only 20% of the slabs in my collection come from my own submissions.

I find it far easier to obtain books in the grade I want by buying them already slabbed. My luck with getting accurately graded raw books, particularly from eBay, has been pretty poor so I've given up on raw purchases almost entirely.

0 % ......I have none and the slabbing process does not encourage me. I really like to deal with people in person so.....if CGC is gonna be at San Diego.....I am planning on giving them my first submissions and see how it goes. Submitting a modern age book to me is like ZERO risk......but submitting a GA book is like BIG RISK....... :(

In explanation, I know I'm leaving a chunk of change on the table with this approach, but the slabbing process from the UK is a costly business, with shipping/insurance costing an arm and a leg before you even consider the grading fees.

replace "Uk" with "Europe" and the shoe fits for me as well.

I've bought about 300 slabs, less than 5% is still slabbed and I've only submitted 1 book to CGC (using a coupon I won when we still had the weekly CGC board trivia competition )