• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
19 19

3,699 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Hulksdaddy1 said:
On 4/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, Hulksdaddy1 said:

The HA copy was signed by both as well. Had a sketch too, but don't believe that will factor.

I feel this copy will go for less. There was a ton of juice for that auction. Used to be, HA was NOT the place to auction off a TMNT. They were for the big GA, SA keys. Now, with the TMNT rise as a big blue chip, that's the best place for it, IMO.

I'm going to say it won't crack $60k. I'll go $58.5K

Would love to be VERY wrong! :grin:

This guy has no idea what the f*** he's talking about :facepalm: lol

Stop beating up the guy, you know he tried his best. (tsk)

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I'm assuming they meant "folding", referring to that crease from being shoved into a long box.

I thought it meant molding, looked like some white dusty stuff in one pic.

10 minutes ago, ned said:

I thought it meant molding, looked like some white dusty stuff in one pic.

Could be. There's certainly not enough info there for me to gamble $15K.

10 hours ago, ghn999 said:

You guys see this. A tmnt 1 3rd print 9.8 going for 9k on comiclink. This is crazy! https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1473263

You know what’s crazier you could have bought one last week on collector comics in cgc 9.8 for around 8K Canadian . I don’t know what to make of this. Are people that dumb to over pay by thousands ??? 

Edited by Subby1938

6 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

New add . Happy to have early number 1 back in PC. I used to own first print 9.0 and traded it away few years ago and missed that book. This one matched my other early book grades and fills the void . I have zero urge to keep chasing at this point . I’m happy . 

35A46A2B-9E86-4F6A-8DFE-B3E9F684FD2B.png

Congrats Subby! She's beautiful.  😍

On 4/29/2021 at 7:46 AM, Subby1938 said:
On 4/29/2021 at 3:34 AM, ghn999 said:

You guys see this. A tmnt 1 3rd print 9.8 going for 9k on comiclink. This is crazy! https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1473263

You know what’s crazier you could have bought one last week on collector comics in cgc 9.8 for around 8K Canadian . I don’t know what to make of this. Are people that dumb to over pay by thousands ??? 

Well, have you thought about who the dumb people would be if TMNT 1 3rd prints are selling for $20K or more in a few months from now?  hm

Especially when you can never say never in these FOMO driven crazy times, considering that CGC 9.6 graded copies of TMNT 1 were selling for the teens back in 2019, and then rising to $66K by the beginning of April before soaring further to $88K a couple weeks after that.  :screwy:

Then again, maybe all of these crypto like buyers will toss these readily available books with multiple copies showing up in every auction and decide to chase after some of those once in a lifetime generational books from the Promise Collection that will be coming to market at the end of this month.  hm  (shrug)